Thai coconut chicken soup. This recipe uses a lot of ingredients common in Thai cooking to make a delicious and spicy soup featuring shrimp and shiitake mushrooms in a coconut milk flavored broth. Authentic, bold, and delicious Thai flavors make this soup irresistible! This is the best Thai coconut soup I've had.
This tom kha soup recipe (or Thai coconut chicken soup) is absolutely perfect. Rich and creamy yet tangy and salty, this Thai coconut chicken soup recipe is filling but light and positively bursting with flavor. The very best recipe I've ever made or tried. You can cook Thai coconut chicken soup using 19 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thai coconut chicken soup
- Prepare of Soup base.
- You need 1 quart of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 stalk of lemon grass.
- You need 3 of kaffir lime leaves.
- It’s 3 of inches of fresh ginger.
- You need 2 small of Thai chilies.
- You need 3 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 4 of limes, juiced.
- You need 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of shredded cooked chicken.
- It’s 1 tsp of Thai red curry paste.
- You need 1 can of coconut milk.
- Prepare of Variations, these veggies may be added.
- Prepare 1 of mushrooms.
- It’s 1 of fresh spinach.
- Prepare 1 of snow peas.
- It’s 1 of shredded carrots.
- It’s 1 can of diced tomatoes.
This authentic recipe for Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Chicken Soup) is full of amazing flavor and can be made quickly and easily on the stovetop or in an Instant Pot pressure cooker. So don't make the soup, until you have time to go to the Asian Market. Trust me. 😉. "The soup part was very tasty but it made the chicken bits seem flavorless. I highly suggest seasoning your chicken before adding it to this dish.
Thai coconut chicken soup step by step
- Bring to boil all the ingredients for the soup base, except the coconut milk. Turn down heat and add desired veggies..
- When veggies are tender, add coconut milk and heat through..
- Serve, garnished with fresh cilantro leaves, if desired..
Creamy and flavorful, our Easy Thai Coconut Soup is the recipe you've been looking for. For the chicken stock: Place the chicken and vegetables in a large stockpot over medium heat. This simple Thai chicken soup has that distinctive Thai flavor-a balance of spicy, salty, sweet, and sour. You will especially welcome this soup's warmth during the winter. Tom Ka Gai can either be served as an appetizer or as the star player.