How to Make Tasty Cheddar Onion and Leek Soup
Cheddar Onion and Leek Soup. This post may contain affiliate links. The key to this soup is taking your time to properly caramelize the onions before adding the wine or stock. Reviews for: Photos of Cheddar and Onion Soup Chicken.
When your onions and leeks are lovely and silky, add the stock. Feel free to push and dunk the bread into the soup a bit. Sprinkle with some grated Cheddar and drizzle over a little Worcestershire sauce. You can cook Cheddar Onion and Leek Soup using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheddar Onion and Leek Soup
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 2 of large white onions.
- You need 2 of leeks.
- You need 3/4 quart of beef broth.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground sage.
- Prepare To taste of salt and ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2/3 stick of butter salted.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheddar Monterey jack cheese.
This recipe for onion soup should do just the trick. Slow cooked onions and leeks are the base of this savory soup. English Onion Soup – a different take on the classic using chicken stock, sage and sharp cheddar. This is an English Onion Soup with chicken stock for a base, sage for the seasoning and lovely sharp cheddar Leeks are great in this soup as well.
Cheddar Onion and Leek Soup instructions
- Wash the leeks very well. Slice in half. Use all the white part, and the tender green part. Just make sure you rinse the leeks properly. Slice them thinly on a bias..
- Peel and slice the onion. Heat the butter and add the leeks and onions..
- Add the seasonings mix and sauté for 10 minutes.Then add the broth..
- Bring to a boil. Boil 15 minutes then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer 30 minutes covered..
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese with Monterey jack. I hope you enjoy.
I used what I had on hand – a large red onion, one. Leeks left out in the cold all winter become sweeter and more tender when eaten in the spring—like in this hearty French-style leek onion soup. But I was able to salvage enough of my crop to make a hearty little pot of leek and onion soup before (I hope, I hope, I hope) the cold weather is gone for. This classic Irish Oatmeal Leek soup also known as Brotchán Roy, traditionally served during Lent. I love the creamy texture of a hearty bowl of More hearty comfort soup recipes I love are Cheddar Corn Chowder with Bacon, Potato Leek Soup and Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower Soup.