Thai Red Curry Coconut Soup. This soup is packed with so much flavor with bites of tender chicken, rice noodles, cilantro, basil and lime juice! So cozy, comforting and fragrant – plus, it's So I'm back on the Thai food binge for the foreseeable future, starting with this noodle soup. Now you know I love a red curry.
Lately I am not able to find that particular brand and most red. It's has a bit of Thai influence, making use of Thai red curry paste and coconut milk. Red Curry, Coconut milk and Rice Noodle Thai SoupI Adore Food! You can cook Thai Red Curry Coconut Soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thai Red Curry Coconut Soup
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Unsweetened Light Coconut Milk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Minced Ginger.
- You need 2 tsp of Grated Lime Zest.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Dried Lemongrass (or Lemon Juice).
- Prepare 3 cup of Very Mild Vegetable Stock.
- You need 1 tsp of 1-3 teaspoons Thai Red Curry Paste (To desired spicyness).
- Prepare 1 packages of Mushrooms.
- Prepare 2 cup of Spinach.
- It’s 14 oz of Extra Firm Tofu.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of Light Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 of Lime Juice to taste.
The inspiration for this Coconut Red Curry Shrimp Soup recipe came from one of the best restaurants in my town. The secret to making amazing Thai curries is to use plenty of aromatics, like onion, ginger and garlic. Choose full-fat coconut milk for its richness (you won't regret it!). Stirring in just a little bit of rice vinegar and sugar adds tons of complexity.
Thai Red Curry Coconut Soup instructions
- Combine lime zest, Lemongrass (or juice), ginger, coconut milk, and stock in large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to meduim-low and simmer for 5-10 minutes..
- Add curry paste a half teaspoon at a time, stirring well to combine and testing as you go, bringing flavor to desired spicyness..
- Chop mushrooms and stir into soup. Let simmer 5 more minutes, or until they begin to become soft..
- Stir in spinach, and let simmer until it begins to shrink or wilt..
- Cut tofu into small cubes, and stir into soup. Stir in sugar and soy sauce. Simmer about 10 more min..
- Add lime juice to taste.
This Thai red curry soup is basically just a riff of our favorite Thai green curry soup recipe, made with slightly-milder red curry paste instead of its fiery green counterpart. And over the past year, it has inched its way to the very top of our regular dinner and meal-planning rotation in our house. The perfect blend of sweet coconut, savory chicken and rich, spicy red curry. Add diced chicken breast, season with garlic powder, ginger powder, seasoning salt and pepper. Thai Coconut Soup is a scrumptious, plant-based Asian soup loaded with fresh veggies, coconut milk, and flavorful green curry.