Recipe: Perfect Sweet and sour beef cabbage soup
Sweet and sour beef cabbage soup. Sweet-and-Sour Beef Cabbage Soup ~ simple and comforting old world soup made with beef short ribs, cabbage, allspice, brown sugar and red wine vinegar. I crave that soup and recently stumbled on a recipe for cabbage soup in my local newspaper that sounded similar, the food writer says it's. This wholesome sweet-and-sour soup combines beef, caraway seeds, sweet paprika and cabbage–ingredients that star in a number of German dishes.
Checkout this quick weeknight recipe for Sweet and Sour Beef Cabbage Soup. Sweet & Sour Cabbage Soup With DillFood Republic. Cabbage Soup With Beef Short Ribs Recipes. You can cook Sweet and sour beef cabbage soup using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet and sour beef cabbage soup
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 lb of Beef cubes.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Caraway seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Thyme.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of Bell pepper and onion.
- You need 1 of Cooking apple.
- It’s 6 cup of Beef broth low salt.
- It’s 1 can of Diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Honey.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Paprika.
- You need 3 cup of Cabbage.
- You need 2 tbsp of Cider vinegar.
Creamy Corned Beef and Cabbage SoupCarmel Moments. There's nothing more comforting than a warming bowl of cabbage soup. Ours conjures up memories of beloved, slow-cooked Eastern European versions Stir the bacon and the dill, if using, into the soup. Serve the soup topped with a dollop of sour cream, if using.
Sweet and sour beef cabbage soup instructions
- Brown beef add caraway seeds and thyme.
- Stir in peppers, onion, apples cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, honey paprika and boil for 10 minutes.
- Add cabbage and cook tender 4 minutes.
- Add vinegar, salt, pepper.
Saute beef cubes until medium rare. In a large soup pot, combine water, beef bouillon, shredded cabbage and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Add onion, garlic, brown sugar, lemon pepper, tomato paste and beef cubes. Sweet and Sour Beef and Cabbage. If sauce is too thin, uncover and cook for a few minutes to reduce the sauce.