Recipe: Appetizing grandmas beef barley soup :-)
grandmas beef barley soup 🙂. As the title indicates, this soup features beef, mushrooms, and barley. Parsley, dill, salt, and pepper are the only seasonings for this traditional-style soup that will warm you up I miss my Grandparents dearly. Grandpa loved to cook while Grandma knitted on the sofa.
Loaded with nutritious veggies, tender beef and plump barley, it's a complete meal in a bowl! This homemade beef barley soup can be made ahead of time and freezes well making it the perfect family dinner! All of my favorite soups are fully loaded. You can cook grandmas beef barley soup 🙂 using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of grandmas beef barley soup 🙂
- It’s 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- It’s 1 large of onion chopped.
- You need 1 of sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 can of beef broth.
- It’s 1 can of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of water.
- You need 1 cup of quick cooking barley.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic minced.
- Prepare 2 tsp of a1 sauce.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 envelope of brown gravy mix.
- You need 1 cup of shredded carrots.
Beef Barley Soup – A comforting hearty bowl of soup made with carrots, celery, onions, lean beef and pearl barley. As the weather's getting cooler and fall is just ahead, a warm soup as a starter dish really hits the spot. I came across this recipe years ago at a recipe exchange through a church group. The contributor didn't sign her name, so I don't know who to thank.
grandmas beef barley soup 🙂 instructions
- brown ground beef and onion.
- add mushrooms.
- add broth.
- add a1 sauce,bay let&,barley,garlic,and water..
- bring to a boil.
- boil for 5 min h.
- add gravy mix and stir until dissolved.
- after boiling for 5 min, add carrots and continue go boil until barley is tender.
- season with pepper.
- lastly add 4 beef bouillon cubes and 4 cups boiling water.
- the soup will be thick at first. freezes well :-).
But my husband and son thank me for preparing it by helping themselves to seconds and thirds! This Beef Barley Soup is flavorful, incredibly easy and satisfying on a cold day. Unlike my grandma and other classic beef and barley soup recipes out there, I like to use ground beef for this soup. Small pieces of cooked hamburger pair well with barley and end up in every spoonful making soup extra rich. I LOVE barley in my soup, but it seems I always wind up pining for more or cursing myself for a gloppy mess because I've put too much in.