Recipe: Delicious Beef Barley Soup
Beef Barley Soup. Try Our Soup Incorporated with Protein Sources You Can Feel Good About Today. Browse Our Fast & Easy Beef Soup Recipes Collection. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the meat to a paper towel-lined plate.
It's a healthy meal that is perfect for making ahead for a busy week! With fall coming and school back in session (or getting close!), we're loving all the cozy, healthy soups! Beef barley soup should be deeply beefy, loaded with chunks of tender meat, plump grains of barley, and aromatic vegetables. You can have Beef Barley Soup using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Barley Soup
- It’s 1/2 cup of carrots chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of celery chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 4 cup of beef broth.
- Prepare 4 cup of water.
- You need 2 cup of cooked chopped roast beef.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 can of 14.5 oz diced tomato undrained.
- You need 1 cup of quick cook barley.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried basil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
The secret to those results is to make it much like a beef stew, choosing the right cut of beef, handling it the right way, and adding more complex layers of flavor. Beef Barley Soup is incredibly easy and so delicious!. Loaded with nutritious veggies, tender beef and plump barley, it's a complete meal in a bowl! This homemade beef barley soup can be made ahead of time and freezes well making it the perfect family dinner!
Beef Barley Soup step by step
- saute first 4 ingredients until tender..
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to boil..
- reduce heat and simmer for 20 min..
- simmer uncovered additional 5 min or longer..
Melting-tender beef chunks, perfectly cooked barley, and all the hearty veggies one can ask for. Best of all, this beef and barley stew recipe is freezer-friendly!. It's a lot of soup recipes lately, but that's all I've been eating lately! But hey, if a recipe calls for wine in a cozy, hearty soup with some crusty bread, are we really going to say no? Beef Barley Soup packs in big beefy flavor, chunks of meat, & tons of veggies and barley.