Carrot, Coconut, Ginger and Chili Soup.
You can have Carrot, Coconut, Ginger and Chili Soup using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Carrot, Coconut, Ginger and Chili Soup
- It’s 2 medium of Onions.
- It’s 1 tbsp of finely chopped fresh ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of corriander powder.
- Prepare 1 liter of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 1 kg of carrots.
- You need 1 can of coconut milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger powder.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fresh corriander.
- You need 1 small of cut of butter.
- It’s 1 small of red chili – preferably fresh.
- It’s 2 tsp of corriander seed crushed.
- It’s 1 of fresh plain yoghurt.
Carrot, Coconut, Ginger and Chili Soup step by step
- Peel and slice the carrots, dice the onions and finely chop the garlic and ginger..
- Melt butter in large pan and add onion, corriander powder, chili powder, ginger powder, chopped chili and crushed corriander. Cook on a medium heat until onions are slightly softened..
- Add carrots and garlic, cover pan and cook until carrots are softened. Stirring often to avoid burning..
- Add stock and cover. Cook on a medium heat until carrots are soft enough to blend..
- Blend carrots with hand held food processor, gradually adding coconut cream until soup is at desired consistancy. Add chopped corriander and serve with fresh plain yoghurt and bread..