Recipe: Appetizing Asian Beef and Mushroom Noodle Soup
Asian Beef and Mushroom Noodle Soup.
You can have Asian Beef and Mushroom Noodle Soup using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Asian Beef and Mushroom Noodle Soup
- It’s 2 lb of Beef round – sliced thin.
- It’s 10 oz of Shitake Mushrooms rough chopped.
- Prepare 1 of medium Onion diced.
- It’s 3 of Serrano peppers diced. or any pepper of your choice and heat preference.
- You need 2 of large Carrots shredded.
- You need 1/2 head of Green Cabbage Chopped.
- It’s 4 tsp of Ginger paste.
- You need 4 tsp of Garlic Paste.
- It’s 1 cup of Soy Sauce.
- You need 8 cup of Beef Broth.
- Prepare 2 cup of Water.
- You need 7 oz of Udon Noodles.
- You need 4 tbsp of Canola Oil as needed.
- You need 2 tsp of Sesame Oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ground Pepper.
- It’s 1 of Salt to taste.
- Prepare 1 of Green Onion chopped for garnish.
Asian Beef and Mushroom Noodle Soup instructions
- In a soup pot Heat 2 Tablespoons of Canola and 1 teaspoon of sesame oil.
- Prepare the beef. I like it thinly sliced and cut into 1 inch squares..
- Add the beef to the hot oil. Add half the ginger paste and half the garlic paste, 2 teaspoons each. Cook until the beef is browned. Remove beef to a plate..
- Prepare vegetables..
- Add more canola oil to pot if needed and add the onions, carrots, and peppers. Saute until the onions are translucent. About 2 minutes..
- Add the other half of ginger paste and garlic paste and stir. Add the cabbage and mushrooms and stir. Cook the vegetables until the cabbage softens about 5 minutes..
- Add the beef back to the pot and stir. Add the soy sauce stir. Scraping the bottom of the pan..
- Add the beef stock and water and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and let cook for about 30 minutes to an hour. Taste and add salt to taste..
- Cook the noodles in a separate pot using directions on the package. I cook mine just until they're almost fully cooked. Drain and rinse in cold water to stop cooking. Add the noodles to the soup when you're ready to eat..
- Serve and enjoy. Garnish with fresh chopped green onions. I also added siracha to mine for a little spice..