Recipe: Delicious Jamaican Beef Pumpkin Soup
Jamaican Beef Pumpkin Soup. Jump to Recipe Jump to Recipe. Jamaican chicken and pumpkin soup is an excellent fall recipe. It encompasses that autumn feel and crosses those elements with flavors from the islands.
It is a very hardy soup because it is loaded with carbs. It is also rich in goodness because of. Jamaican Beef Soup, aka Saturday Soup, is a traditional favorite for Jamaicans home and abroad. You can have Jamaican Beef Pumpkin Soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jamaican Beef Pumpkin Soup
- Prepare of soup.
- You need 2 lb of beef bones cut into small chunks.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, diced.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 lb of pumpkin diced.
- You need 2 of large carrots, sliced.
- You need 2 of medium potatoes, diced.
- You need 6 cup of water.
- You need 2 sprig of thyme.
- You need 2 stalks of escallion.
- Prepare 1 packages of Grace Pumpkin Noodle Soup.
Saturday is soup day is a line from a popular memory gem here we learned here in Jamaica. The Jamaican Beef Soup is a favorite in Jamaica for Saturday soup. It is a hearty soup dish that features beef, carrots, turnips, pumpkin, cho cho (chayote squash), and yam. Often served with with flour dumplings.
Jamaican Beef Pumpkin Soup instructions
- In a large pot over medium heat; add the beef bones, onion, garlic, salt, black pepper and ½ of the diced pumpkin. Saute for about 5 minutes..
- Stir well, cover the pot and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Remove the cover stir and add 2 cups of water. Replace the cover and let the meat cook for at least 30 minutes check for tenderness. The meat should be about halfway cooked.While the meat cooks wash and cut the vegetables..
- Cut all the ingredients in my soups into small bite sized pieces. Cut as small or as large as you desire..
- Add remaining vegetables and 3 cups of water. Stir well, cover and let soup cook for 15 minutes while you prepare the dumplings..
- After 15 minutes add the dumplings to the pot and stir..
- When soup begins to boil add escallion, noodle packet, thyme and pepper. Add water as desired (1-2 cups should be enough for a thick hearty broth), stir well, replace cover and let soup simmer for another 12 to 15 minutes. Stir well before serving..
This Jamaican Pumpkin Soup is an adapted version of Jamaican style pumpkin soup without meat. Curry pumpkin is the type of pumpkin that has bright yellow flesh; It gives the soup a bright yellow pretty colour. Jamaican Pumpkin Soup recipe: Try this Jamaican Pumpkin Soup recipe, or contribute your own. Recipe: Her grandmother passed down a recipe for Jamaican beef soup with pumpkin and dumplings. Growing up in Kingston, Jamaica, my girlfriend's mother, Loraine Rickard-Martin, now a New York resident, knew that the scent of her grandmother's pumpkin soup was a signal for.