Easiest Way to Prepare Yummy Jamaican Beef Pumpkin Soup
Jamaican Beef Pumpkin Soup. Jump to Recipe Jump to Recipe. Jamaican chicken and pumpkin soup is an excellent fall recipe. It encompasses that autumn feel and crosses those elements with flavors from the islands.
This Jamaican Pumpkin Soup is an adapted version of Jamaican style pumpkin soup without meat. Pumpkin soup was my family's favorite when growing up, which my My mom would always make pumpkin soup on a weekly basis, but she always added beef, yellow yam, chayote, and dumplings. The Jamaican Beef Soup is a favorite in Jamaica for Saturday soup. You can cook Jamaican Beef Pumpkin Soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jamaican Beef Pumpkin Soup
- You need of soup.
- You need 2 lb of beef bones cut into small chunks.
- It’s 1 of large onion, diced.
- You need 3 clove of garlic chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 lb of pumpkin diced.
- It’s 2 of large carrots, sliced.
- It’s 2 of medium potatoes, diced.
- It’s 6 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 sprig of thyme.
- Prepare 2 stalks of escallion.
- You need 1 packages of Grace Pumpkin Noodle Soup.
It is a hearty soup dish that features beef, carrots, turnips, pumpkin, cho cho (chayote squash), and yam. Often served with with flour dumplings. Jamaican Beef Soup, aka Saturday Soup, is a traditional favorite for Jamaicans home and abroad. Jamaican Pumpkin Soup recipe: Try this Jamaican Pumpkin Soup recipe, or contribute your own.
Jamaican Beef Pumpkin Soup step by step
- In a large pot over medium heat; add the beef bones, onion, garlic, salt, black pepper and ½ of the diced pumpkin. Saute for about 5 minutes..
- Stir well, cover the pot and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Remove the cover stir and add 2 cups of water. Replace the cover and let the meat cook for at least 30 minutes check for tenderness. The meat should be about halfway cooked.While the meat cooks wash and cut the vegetables..
- Cut all the ingredients in my soups into small bite sized pieces. Cut as small or as large as you desire..
- Add remaining vegetables and 3 cups of water. Stir well, cover and let soup cook for 15 minutes while you prepare the dumplings..
- After 15 minutes add the dumplings to the pot and stir..
- When soup begins to boil add escallion, noodle packet, thyme and pepper. Add water as desired (1-2 cups should be enough for a thick hearty broth), stir well, replace cover and let soup simmer for another 12 to 15 minutes. Stir well before serving..
Curry pumpkin is the type of pumpkin that has bright yellow flesh; It gives the soup a bright yellow pretty colour. Recipe: Her grandmother passed down a recipe for Jamaican beef soup with pumpkin and dumplings. This video will showcase how to make delicious and famous Jamaican beef & pumpkin soup.😀. Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE to our channel! Leave your COMMENT below and let us know any other recipes you would love to see be made.