Recipe: Tasty Vegetable Beef Soup
Vegetable Beef Soup. Try Our Vegetarian Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About Today. Scrumptious Beef Recipes To Make Any Meal A Success W/ Kraft®, Today! Add browned beef, water, broth, tomatoes with juices, carrots, potatoes, corn, bay leaves and garlic.
Soup from scratch requires making stock from bones, chopping vegetables and an all day simmer. First, choose ground beef, a quick-cooking, but hearty, meat option. Place roast in a large Dutch oven. You can have Vegetable Beef Soup using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetable Beef Soup
- You need 1 lb of hamburger, ground round or chuck.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 can of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 can of whole tomatoes.
- You need 1 packages of frozen mixed vegetables.
- It’s 4 of potatoes, diced in small chunks or medium slices ( can use can potatoes ).
- It’s 2 can of beef broth, or 2 beef bouillon cubes.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- It’s of celery or celery seed (optional).
- You need 1 of tomato juice if more liquid is needed.
Add the water, barley, onion, celery, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Vegetable Beef Soup is the perfect cozy soup and such a good way to use up all those veggies stocked in the fridge! It's perfectly hearty and filling thanks to the tender chunks of protein-rich beef and abundance of nutritious vegetables. Plus it's a versatile recipe so feel free to replace veggies with others you may have on hand.
Vegetable Beef Soup step by step
- Brown ground meat, celery ( if using ) and onions until browned. Stir meat to crumble it while cooking..
- When beef if fully cooked, drain off excess fat..
- Add beef and onions back to large pot of dutch oven..
- Add tomatoes, potatoes, mixed vegetables and beef broth or bouillon cubes..
- Heat on medium until slow boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer..
- I usually simmer mine an hour or so to let flavors blend, stirring occationally..
- You can add any veggies you like, and can also use fresh ones also. Good in crock pot also..
- I love this with cornbread or crackers..
- If it is not juicy enough, just add tomato juice, broth or water.
Mix beef broth and beef stew meat in a large pot over medium heat. How to Make Vegetable Beef Soup in the Slow Cooker. This is the perfect recipe to make with leftover beef, or on the stovetop after your beef cooks, but you can also make the whole soup in the slow cooker. Taste of Home has the best vegetable beef soup recipes from real cooks like you, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips. Italian Beef Vegetable Soup This hearty vegetable beef soup features a ton of fresh vegetables, making it the perfect dish to use up all that summer produce.