Recipe: Appetizing Beef vegetable soup
Beef vegetable soup. Discover Tasty Braised Beef Soup Made W/ Chickpeas & Mushrooms. Add browned beef, water, broth, tomatoes with juices, carrots, potatoes, corn, bay leaves and garlic. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until beef is almost tender, about an hour.
In a nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, breaking meat into crumbles; drain. So many beef soups are watery and dull. The thing that sets this beef soup recipe apart from the rest is the broth. You can have Beef vegetable soup using 21 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef vegetable soup
- Prepare 2 lb of beef chuck or other cut.
- It’s 2 quart of beef stock.
- Prepare 1 of chopped onion.
- You need 4 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 bunch of celery.
- It’s 2 of bag frozen veggies.
- Prepare 1 packages of soup beef bones.
- It’s 4 medium of red potatoes.
- It’s 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- It’s 1 can of crushed tomato.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaf.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- You need of soy sauce.
- Prepare of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s of chili powder.
- You need of ground mustard.
- Prepare of thyme.
- You need of garlic powder.
- Prepare of oregano.
- You need of water.
It's slightly thickened so it's more like a thinnish gravy. It's infused with herb flavour and also gets an extra depth of flavour from the secret ingredient: red wine. Vegetable Beef Soup is the perfect cozy soup and such a good way to use up all those veggies stocked in the fridge! It's perfectly hearty and filling thanks to the tender chunks of protein-rich beef and abundance of nutritious vegetables.
Beef vegetable soup instructions
- Add coconut oil to pot, salt and pepper beef, then brown it to just rare.
- Remove meat with slotted spoon.
- Saute garlic, onion, celery in same pot in the oil used to brown meat.
- Add 1 quart beef stock and potatoes.
- Bring to boil.
- Add meat back, toss in the bones, add the can of crushed tomatoes, and top off with more stock.
- Once it starts to boil again add the frozen veggies and remainder of stock.
- Make sure it is all emersed in liquid.
- Bring to boil.
- Once boiling lower to simmer, add bay leaf and seasoning.
- Simmer for an hour stirring occasionally.
- Pull out 50 percent of the marrow and mix it well.
- Simmer additional 30 minutes then remove bones and share with a dog.
- Pick out and discard the bay leaves, serve in a bowl and enjoy.
Plus it's a versatile recipe so feel free to replace veggies with others you may have on hand. Add barley and bay leaf during the last hour of cooking. This homemade vegetable beef soup recipe combines beef stew meat with traditional frozen vegetables to create a hearty meal the whole family will enjoy. This soup is packed with vegetables, tomatoes, and beef. The beef gets super tender as it cooks in the soup and adds lots of flavor to the broth.