Easiest Way to Cook Yummy Beef & Barley Noodle Soup (made with rib roast leftovers)
Beef & Barley Noodle Soup (made with rib roast leftovers). Enjoy man's best meat with liquor infused proteins delivered directly to your door! Order Your Premium Beef Online Today & Save! Tender beef, a creamy gravy, hot buttered noodles: this dish is a classic for a reason.
Beef is the culinary name for meat from cattle, particularly skeletal muscle. Humans have been eating beef since prehistoric times. Beef is a source of high-quality protein and nutrients. You can have Beef & Barley Noodle Soup (made with rib roast leftovers) using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef & Barley Noodle Soup (made with rib roast leftovers)
- You need 2-4 of leftover rib bones from a prime rib roast.
- You need of water.
- You need 1-2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- You need 1 TB of mixed dried herbs (I use thyme and rosemary).
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 TB of tomato paste or 2 TB fresh ketchup or tomato sauce.
- You need 2 cups of chopped fresh carrot.
- It’s 1/4 cup of dry barley.
- It’s 1 cup of kernel corn, fresh, frozen, or canned.
- It’s 1/2-1 cup of dry noodles.
- Prepare of beef bullion (optional).
Most beef skeletal muscle meat can be used as is by merely cutting into certain parts, such as roasts, short ribs or steak (filet mignon, sirloin steak, rump steak, rib steak, rib eye steak, hanger steak, etc. Place the roast back into the pot and add enough beef stock to. Your one-stop for all things beef. Explore our recipes, beef cuts, cooking tips, beef's nutrition profile and discover how beef is raised from farm to fork.
Beef & Barley Noodle Soup (made with rib roast leftovers) step by step
- Place rib bones in a large Dutch oven or stock pot and cover with water completely..
- Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat..
- Simmer for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the ribs and any meat that may have become detached. Set aside to cool..
- Refrigerate the beef stock for about an hour, or until the fat congeals on top (I usually make the broth the day before and refrigerate overnight).
- Remove the meat from the bones and chop coarsely. Discard the bones and refrigerate the meat until you're ready to add it to the soup..
- Remove the solidified fat from the chilled broth..
- Heat the broth over medium heat. Don't worry if the broth tastes weak at this point; it will reduce later..
- Sautee the garlic and herbs in a little oil over medium heat until the garlic is soft and the herbs are fragrant. Careful not to burn it!.
- Add the sauteed garlic and herbs, tomato option, chopped carrots and barley and simmer for 45 minutes, uncovered..
- Add the meat, corn, and noodles and simmer for 30 minutes..
- Taste the broth and season to taste with salt and pepper..
- If the soup becomes too thick by serving time, add more water (with a bit of bullion in it, if desired) as needed..
Beef definition is – the flesh of an adult domestic bovine (such as a steer or cow) used as food. How to use beef in a sentence. Beef, flesh of mature cattle, as distinguished from veal, the flesh of calves. The best beef is obtained from early maturing, special beef breeds. High-quality beef has firm, velvety, fine-grained lean, bright red in color and well-marbled.