Beef Burgundy Soup. Beef Burgundy I. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Comfort food dinners like this Beef Burgundy Mushroom Soup recipe are all I have on my mind these days! Beef, mushrooms & noodles in a tasty, creamy broth!
Beef Burgundy Stew, also know as Boeuf Bourguignon, is a traditional beef stew recipe served in the Burgundy area of France. This delightful stew is considered a classic French comfort food. Share: Rate this Recipe I supply a no-fuss entrée, such as Beef Burgundy. You can cook Beef Burgundy Soup using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef Burgundy Soup
- You need 1 1/2 lb of Beef, cubed.
- You need of AP flour.
- Prepare of Salt/Pepper.
- It’s of Canola Oil.
- You need 2 of yellow onions, julienne.
- You need 1 of large carrot, diced.
- You need 3 of celery sticks, diced.
- You need 2 T of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 c of Dry red wine.
- You need 3 of Q beef stock.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 T of fresh thyme.
- You need 2 c of mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 2 of russet potatoes, 1/4" dice (Optional).
- It’s to taste of salt/pepper.
Stir in carrots, wine and soup. Instant Pot Beef Burgundy is rustic, flavorful and sure to impress. Beef Burgundy pressure cooker recipe has the best flavor! The entire recipe taste amazing with the cream of mushroom soup and onion soup mix.
Beef Burgundy Soup step by step
- Take your dutch oven and put it on high heat with the canola oil. You want that oil really hot, just when it starts smoking.
- In the mean time, after dicing your beef, toss it with a little All Purpose flour along with salt and pepper to season the meat..
- Shake off the excess flour and drop the beef cubes into the ditch oven. Caramelize all sides to a little golden brown. If the pot dried up, add a little more oil, if needed..
- Remove the beef and set aside. Add a little more oil to the pot and add your mirepoix (Onion, carrot, celery). Sautee with the drippings until the water in the vegetables is evaporated and the onions turn clear. Add your garlic and stir for a couple until thoroughly incorporated..
- After the vegetables are nice and browned, add the red wine. Stir constantly to remove all the flavorful drippings on the pan into the soup. Reduce the wine by half and add your beef stock. Bring to a boil, then down to a simmer..
- Add the beef into the mix, Add the mushrooms, bay leaf, and thyme. Also add the potatoes if youre using them. Simmer until the beef is cooked to a tender and the herbs are infused. If youre using raw potatoes, i would cook until the potatoes are al dente..
- And thats it! Some like a dab of creme fraiche on top, others like shredded cheese, like Comte or Grana Padana. Enjoy!.
It creates the best broth and makes the meal so. Beef burgundy stew is a great meal to serve on a chilly day or when your family needs to feel the comfort of home. It warms your body while providing more substance than a soup. I got this delightful beef burgundy from my sister-in-law many years ago and have used it ever since. Whenever I serve it to guests, they always request this beef burgundy recipe.