Recipe: Yummy French Onion & Beef Soup
French Onion & Beef Soup. French onion soup (French: soupe à l'oignon [sup a lɔɲɔ̃]) is a type of soup usually based on meat stock and onions, and often served gratinéed with croutons and cheese on top of a large piece of. French Onion Soup is a classic soup recipe for good reason! Sweet caramelized onions are simmered in a rich beefy broth to create a soup base that is loved by everyone!
French onion soup is a bistro classic, the most homey and delicious example of good café cooking. But only a handful of frugal ingredients make up this restaurant favorite. Rich, hearty broth, crunchy bread and gooey cheese make this bowl of french onion and leek soup pure comfort food goodness. You can have French Onion & Beef Soup using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of French Onion & Beef Soup
- Prepare 1 of Large (2 lb.) London Broil.
- You need 3 of Yellow Onions.
- You need 3 of Sweet Onions.
- It’s 2 of Red Onions.
- You need 2 of Shallots.
- You need 4 oz. of Sliced Mushrooms.
- Prepare 64 oz. of Beef Stock.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Marsala Cooking Wine.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Garlic minced.
- Prepare 4-5 of Bay Leaves.
- Prepare 6 Tbsp of Butter.
- You need of Olive Oil.
- You need of Gruyere Cheese (or Aged Swiss).
- You need of Parmesan Cheese.
- You need 1 of Baguette.
Classic French Onion Soup is one of the most delicious soups in the world! French onion soup is loved by so many, however, it can also can be quite intimidating for some readers to try. Rich, flavorful beef broth, sweet caramelized onions and a great melting cheese that hardens A light, fruity Beaujolais will match the sweetness of the onions and the nuttiness of the Gruyère in this rich. French Onion Soup makes a comforting, classic bowl of soup!
French Onion & Beef Soup instructions
- Slow cook (Crockpot) London Broil in 64 oz. Beef Stock until fall apart tender. Pull beef in broth..
- Sauté Onions in butter and generous amount of Olive Oil and Marsala Wine until browned, soft and translucent. 45-60 minutes. Add Garlic & Mushrooms and stir. Add Bay Leaves and simmer for 30 minutes..
- Remove Bay Leaves. Add Beef and broth. Stir well to mix onion mixture, beef and broth..
- Fill ceramic Crocks with soup. Place toasted cuts of baguette over soup, top with generous portions of gruyere and finish with sprinkles of Parmesan. Toast under broiler until cheese is bubbling and golden..
Made with caramelized onions a slice of crusty bread and melty, delicious cheese! Includes stovetop and slow cooker methods! This is the version of French Onion Soup that people seek when they go to restaurants. It makes an exquisite presentation, too! This French onion soup is easy to make and lighter than most restaurant versions.