Recipe: Tasty Beef shank & rice cake soup 牛腱年糕汤
Beef shank & rice cake soup 牛腱年糕汤. Are Beef Shanks Tough or Tender? Since beef shank is the leg parts of the cow, it is a very tough, dry, sinewy piece of meat. Naturally, the legs of cows are hard-working, and so it it full of muscles, connective tissues, bones, and joints.
Due to the constant use of this muscle by the animal, it tends to be tough, dry, and sinewy, so is best when cooked for a long time in moist heat. It is an ideal cut to use for beef bourguignon. Slow Cooker Beef Shanks with Garlic and Herbs. You can cook Beef shank & rice cake soup 牛腱年糕汤 using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef shank & rice cake soup 牛腱年糕汤
- You need 1 of beef shank.
- It’s 2 cups of frozen rice cake.
- Prepare 1 cup of mung bean sprouts.
- You need 2 cups of sliced dakon raddish.
- You need 4 of shiitake dried mushroom.
- It’s 1 of green chilli, optional.
- It’s 1 slice of prosciutto.
- It’s 2 tsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sesame oil.
I'm a huge fan of beef shanks! This recipe for slow cooker beef shanks is going to quickly become one of your home's favorite meals. I was first introduced to them by my mother-in-law. She made us melt-in-your-mouth beef shanks for dinner one evening and I knew I had to start making them too.
Beef shank & rice cake soup 牛腱年糕汤 instructions
- Pressure cook beef shank for 20 minutes in 2 quarts of water. Flavor pack is 1 cinnamon stick, 5 ansie stars, 1 onion, 3 bay leaves, 1 tsp of each (fennal, dill, coriander seeds)..
- Release pressure by allowing cold tap water running on the lid. Take out beef shank and cool down to room temperature before slicing..
- In a regular pot, pour half beef broth in. Add raddish, mushroom and sliced beef. Bring it to a boil and reduce to simmer for 15 minutes..
- Add rice cake, bean sprouts and cook for another 2 minutes. Season with fish sauce and salt..
- Transfer cooked soup into a stone pot and heat up the pot until boiling. Turn off the stove and top with sliced chili and half slice of prosciutto before serving..
Heat an oven-proof deep skillet with a lid over medium-high heat on the stove; add olive oil. Season beef shank with salt and pepper. Beef shanks are one of the most underrated cuts of beef in our book. They're super affordable and super tasty. Beef shanks are a cut that have a section of leg bone, along with the meat that surrounds the bone.