Thai Coconut and Chicken/Tofu Soup. Thai food is my all-time favourite cuisine and I share a lot of Thai inspired recipes on the blog, like my Vegan Pad Thai and Thai Butternut Squash Soup. Thai coconut soup is an easy and flavorful vegetarian and vegan soup to try, made with Asian ingredients and a coconut milk base which is much different than the usual broth-based vegetable soups which are more common. The flavor comes from the deliciously spicy and fragrant combination.
Simmer until chicken breast pieces are just cooked through. Authentic, bold, and delicious Thai flavors make this soup irresistible! This is the best Thai coconut soup I've had. You can have Thai Coconut and Chicken/Tofu Soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thai Coconut and Chicken/Tofu Soup
- You need 4 cup of coconut milk.
- You need 2 cup of chicken or vegetable stock.
- Prepare 6 of kaffir lime leaves (fresh or dried).
- Prepare 3 of pieces dried galangal root.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemongrass, diced in 1-inch pieces.
- You need 2 tsp of roasted chili paste.
- Prepare 1 cup of cooked chicken breast or tofu, in bite-sized pieces.
- It’s 2 cup of fresh mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, julienned.
- You need 1 of fresh cilantro, chopped.
You won't be disappointed with this one! This FAST, FLAVORFUL & EASY soup has rich fragrant broth and can be made with w/ either shrimp, tofu or chicken! This classic chicken and coconut soup gets its rich and dynamic flavor from quintessential Thai ingredients: coconut milk, lemongrass, fresh ginger, lime juice, fish sauce, chile paste, basil, and cilantro. While warming and thoroughly comforting, this dish comes together incredibly quickly.
Thai Coconut and Chicken/Tofu Soup instructions
- In a large soup pot, bring coconut milk and stock to a boil..
- Add kaffir lime leaves, galangal root, lemon juice, fish sauce, sugar, chili paste and lemongrass. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken/tofu, mushrooms, carrots, red pepper, and simmer for another 10 minutes..
- Taste and add more lemon juice, sugar, or fish sauce as needed..
- Garnish with chopped cilantro..
With these key ingredients, fresh kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, galangal and lime juices, you will be able to cook your favorite Thai Coconut Chicken soup anytimes according to your taste. Creamy and flavorful, our Easy Thai Coconut Soup is the recipe you've been looking for. "What a fragrant and flavorful soup! It's a nice break from your normal chicken noodle soup. I added small pieces of brown rice pasta to mine. Coconut milk, Thai chili and tofu are my main ingredients, I always add them to this soup.