How to Make Appetizing French Onion Soup
French Onion Soup. Browse Our Fast & Easy French Soup Recipes Collection. Add onions and continually stir until tender and translucent. Melt the stick of butter in a large pot over medium heat.
And the wine in the soup. Meanwhile, lightly toast bread under a broiler; set aside. Ladle hot soup into six ovenproof bowls. You can cook French Onion Soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of French Onion Soup
- Prepare 2 of Visalia onion.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 3 cup of Low sodium beef broth.
- It’s 1 cup of Dry red wine.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dried thyme.
- Prepare 4 slice of Whole wheat baguette toasted.
- You need 4 oz of Grated low fat Swiss cheese.
- Prepare 1 of Black pepper.
Arrange the bowls on a baking pan. While they simmer, the flavors become intense, making this soup a savory delight. French onion soup is a perfect comfort-food dinner, served with a side of bread for dipping and topped with a decadent layer of cheese. This french onion soup recipe is made with perfectly caramelized onions, fresh thyme sprigs, crusty baguette slices and two types of melted cheese right on top!.
French Onion Soup instructions
- Thinly slice one of the onions; finely chop the second. I'm a med pot, melt the butter over med heat. Add the sliced onions, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Cover and cook until almost soft, bout 10 min. Add the chopped onions, increase the heat to med high, cover, and cook until the onions are well caramelized 10-15 min more..
- Stir the beef broth, red wine, thyme, and the remaining 1/4 tsp salt into the pot. Simmer gently for 10 min.
- Preheat broiler.
- Ladle the soup into 4 heatproof bowls. Float 1 baguette slice in each bowl and sprinkle the cheese over the top. Cook under the broiler until the cheese is golden and bubbling about 5 min. Season to taste with pepper..
It is a cold winter in Los Angeles. In a large pot over medium-high heat, melt butter. Stir in flour until well blended with the onions and pan juices. Add water, wine, and beef broth; heat to boiling. French Onion Soup is a classic soup recipe for good reason!