How to Cook Perfect Spicy Thai Sweet Potato-Ginger Soup
Spicy Thai Sweet Potato-Ginger Soup.
You can cook Spicy Thai Sweet Potato-Ginger Soup using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Thai Sweet Potato-Ginger Soup
- You need 2 tsp of canola oil.
- It’s 3 tbsp of chopped peeled fresh ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red Thai curry paste.
- It’s 4 of scallions, thinly sliced.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 4 large of sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 2 1/2 pounds).
- It’s 2 of 32-ounce containers reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth.
- You need 1/4 cup of packed light brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of grated nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut milk.
- It’s 1 of Grated zest and juice of 1 lime.
Spicy Thai Sweet Potato-Ginger Soup step by step
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the ginger, red curry paste, scallions and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the potatoes, broth, brown sugar and nutmeg and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 20 minutes..
- Transfer the soup, in batches, to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Return the soup to the saucepan. Stir in the coconut milk and lime zest and juice and heat through. Serve at once..
- Per Serving: 220 Cal; 7 g Protein; 6 g Tot Fat; 3 g Sat Fat; 1 g Mono Fat; 38 g Carb; 4 g Fiber; 15 g Sugar; 68 mg Calcium; 2 mg Iron; 121 mg Sodium; 0 mg Cholesterol.