Easiest Way to Make Delicious Butternut Squash Soup
Butternut Squash Soup. Reviews for: Photos of Butternut Squash Soup II. This butternut squash soup has a secret ingredient—a tart green apple. It adds just the right balance for the squash.
It's easy to prepare, and the incredible flavor of the butternut squash really shines. Watch how to make the best butternut squash soup in this short video! The trick is to roast the butternut squash, which is easy to do and yields tons of extra flavor. You can cook Butternut Squash Soup using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Soup
- It’s of Butternut Squash Soup.
- It’s 4 cup of butternut squash, diced into cubes.
- You need 3 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need 1/2 large of white onion, diced.
- It’s 1 cup of skim milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 2/3 can of pumpkin puree *optional*.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tbsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of Topping (optional).
- Prepare 4 of strips low-sodium bacon.
- Prepare 1 cup of low-fat feta cheese or goat cheese.
- It’s 3 tbsp of toasted nuts of your choice, minced.
This Crockpot Butternut Squash Soup recipe is naturally vegan and gluten-free, easy to make, and SO delicious! Easy homemade butternut squash soup is naturally thick and creamy, perfect for the season when squash is available in abundance. Full of butternut flavour, this soup is perfect for when you're. This butternut squash soup recipe is the best!
Butternut Squash Soup instructions
- Put diced butternut squash into large bowl with olive oil, 1 tbsp salt, 1 tbsp pepper, curry powder and cinnamon (feel free to add any herbs or spices desired). Toss to coat each cube evenly. Place into 400°F oven for 45 min or until soft and slighlty browning..
- While the squash bakes, dice the onion and combine this with the chicken broth, remaining salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and let simmer until onions are soft. Add garlic and continue to boil until squash is done..
- When squash is done, put cubes into a blender with onion-broth mixture. Add skim milk and pumpkin puree (if desired), and puree until velvety texture is achieved..
- To keep warm, pour back into sauce pan which previously containted the broth and heat on a very low tempurature, stirring occasionally. Serve hot with optional topping sprinkled on top..
- For topping: sautee bacon until crispy. Combine this with crumbled feta cheese or goat cheese and toasted nuts. Another healthy option is to top with diced parsley or cilantro..
Here's what gets me excited about butternut squash soup: My favorite seasonal ingredients join forces to create a sunny bowl of cozy, comforting soup that warms me through and through. This butternut squash soup is everything you expect from a traditional butternut squash soup. It's sweet, silky, and slightly spicy. If there's one thing you should be eating more of this fall, it's butternut squash soup (the homemade kind, of course). Made with butternut squash and creamy coconut milk.