Recipe: Appetizing Broccoli and Cheese Soup by Rocco Dispirito
Broccoli and Cheese Soup by Rocco Dispirito. In a stockpot, melt butter over medium heat. You'll love this recipe, which is low in fat and calories. Recipe from "Now Eat This!" a Ballantine Trade.
Chef Rocco DiSpirito shares low-calorie, low cholesterol alternatives to some of the most comforting foods. In many of these recipes, he manages to cut the sodium and slash the number of calories in half, so you can have nutritious versions of the meals you crave. Rocco DiSpirito broke up my relationship. You can cook Broccoli and Cheese Soup by Rocco Dispirito using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Broccoli and Cheese Soup by Rocco Dispirito
- It’s of nonstick cooking spray.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of broccoli, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of medium yellow onion chopped fine.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, chopped fine salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of low-fat, low sodium chicken broth, plus extra if needed.
- Prepare 1 cup of 2% milk.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- You need 2 tablespoons of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of greek yogurt.
- Prepare of freshely ground black pepper.
I spent the subway ride home rhapsodizing about chicken salad with daikon and Champagne vinaigrette and sautéed skate with. Watch the video, plus check the tips for the best broccoli cheddar soup ever. This cheesy broccoli cheddar soup is proof that soup doesn't need to be made in big batches to be good. —Cheryl McRae, West Valley, Utah. Cook and stir until heated through.
Broccoli and Cheese Soup by Rocco Dispirito instructions
- Heat a dutch oven over high heat. When the pot is hot, spray it with cooking spray. Add the broccoli, onion, and garlic. Cover, and sauté the vegetables until they are almost tender, about 5 minutes. Season lightly with salt. Add the chicken broth, bring the mixture to a boil, and cook uncovered until thw liquid has reduced by half, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the milk and cornstarch together in a medium bowl until theoughly combined..
- Whisk the cornstarch mixture into the broccoli mixture. Bring the soup to a boil and cook, stirring often, until it has thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Pour half the contents of the pot into a blender, and puree until smooth. Pour the pureed soup back into the pot. Adjust the consistency with a little more chicken broth, if necessary..
- Remove the pot from the heat. Stir the cheese and yogurt into the soup. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve..
Meanwhile, make the dumplings: place the mozzarella and cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Discover our favorite recipes from Rocco DiSpirito's latest cookbook, Now Eat This! "If you don't have super-ripe tomatoes, don't fret — the true cheese connoisseurs of La Sorgente prefer slightly underripe tomatoes so the juice stays in the tomato and not on the plate, and underripe tomatoes. And I, for one, am here for it. ♡. This easy Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe is based upon Panera's, but if you ask me, it's better! Thick, rich, creamy, cheesy comfort in a soup bowl with tender broccoli and cheddar cheese, just the way I love it!