Thai coconut lime soup. Authentic, bold, and delicious Thai flavors make this soup irresistible! This is the best Thai coconut soup I've had. You won't be disappointed with this one!
So fresh and flavorful, this chicken soup is not too heavy, not too dense, just the perfect creamy soup with the delicious combination of coconut and lime. It's easy to make, with roasted chicken from the deli at your. This classic chicken and coconut soup gets its rich and dynamic flavor from quintessential Thai ingredients: coconut milk, lemongrass, fresh ginger, lime juice, fish sauce, chile paste, basil, and cilantro. You can cook Thai coconut lime soup using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thai coconut lime soup
- You need 1 lb of Shrimp or chicken.
- You need 2 can of Coconut milk.
- Prepare 2 cup of Chicken broth.
- Prepare 4 of Lemongrass stalks, bruised and chopped.
- You need 10 of Kaffir lime leaves.
- It’s 1 can of Mushrooms.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Lime juice.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Fish sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of Brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Curry powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1 of Red chili peppers, five to ten..
While warming and thoroughly comforting, this dish comes together incredibly quickly. Marion's Kitchen is packed with simple and delicious Asian recipes and food ideas. Stir the bruised chillies, fish sauce and sugar into the soup. Turn the heat off and then add the lime juice.
Thai coconut lime soup step by step
- Boil coconut milk and broth. Add lemongrass and lime leaves, simmer 10 min..
- Strain out spices, add mushrooms or bamboo shoots and cook for 5 min..
- Stir in lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, and curry to taste. Add cooked shrimp or chicken and red pepper flakes..
Taste and season with extra fish sauce or lime juice to taste. Creamy and flavorful, our Easy Thai Coconut Soup is the recipe you've been looking for. "This was delicious. I blended the vegetables so my kids could eat it without the comments. I would recommend to add the lime to taste after you plate. This Thai coconut soup is all about the coconut curry soup broth, so other than that, it's really up to you what you put in it.