Recipe: Yummy Gypsy Soup
Gypsy Soup. Gypsy Soup recipe: A spiced and delectable brew of Spanish origins; Adapated from Moosewood In a soup kettle or large saucepan saute onions, garlic, celery and butternut squash in olive oil for about. Moosewood was the first cookbook I bought when I made the decision to go vegetarian. The gingered carrot soup in the revised edition includes toasted cashews, but they.
I am making Gypsy Soup which is made of many unusual things, including weeds." It was then that my dear mother taught me to make Gypsy Soup, and it was delicious. My changes to the Gypsy soup recipe found in Mollie Katzen's Moosewood Cookbook to reduce fat, calories and sodium. If you leave out the soy sauce all together (I think it tastes fine). You can cook Gypsy Soup using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Gypsy Soup
- Prepare 1 of splash of olive oil.
- You need 2 of roughly chopped onions.
- Prepare 4 stick of of celery, chopped.
- It’s 2 cup of sweet potato/kumara, cubed.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic, crushed.
- You need 5 cup of water.
- You need 2 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of tumeric.
- It’s 1 tsp of sweet basil.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 dash of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 dash of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 of capscicum, chopped.
- You need 1 cup of peas.
- You need 1 can of tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can of chickpeas.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of tamari/ soy sauce.
See more ideas about Soup recipes, Recipes, Cooking recipes. Always on the look out for new soups to try, this one is savory soup but has sweet potatoes in it along with garbanzo beans, a little different, woderful. Gypsy Soup Recipe. by CookEatShare Cookbook. To make this soup, first chop up a sweet potato, onion, three celery sticks and two cloves of garlic.
Gypsy Soup step by step
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot and add onion and celery. Sweat for five – ten minutes until starts to glisten.
- Add the sweet potato and garlic and sweat for another five or so minutes.
- Add the water amd all spices except for the salt and soy sauce.
- Simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, tomatoes and all other vegetables. Simmer for a further 10 -15 minutes.
- Add the salt and soy sauce (tamari is a gluten free option if you need it)..
- Stir through, check your seasonings and serve..
- Note : you can use any vegetables really. As long as you have a root vegetable and something green for colour. I've used potatoes and brocolli instead of sweet potato and peas in the past. delicious! My partner likes his with a dollop of sour cream which is pretty yummy too :).
This s a wonderful vegetable soup for any given occasion. Add some corn bread to this! This aromatic soup has a fabulous sweet and slighlty spicy flavor. A hot bowl of the Gypsy soup and a pan of hot cornbread is a great meal. Read reviews from world's largest community for readers.