Nettle soup – can be prepared VEGAN, and FREE FROM DAIRY AND GLUTEN – Serves 4.
You can cook Nettle soup – can be prepared VEGAN, and FREE FROM DAIRY AND GLUTEN – Serves 4 using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Nettle soup – can be prepared VEGAN, and FREE FROM DAIRY AND GLUTEN – Serves 4
- You need 20-30 of nettle shoots.
- You need 1 knob of butter or 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 of medium finely chopped onion.
- You need 5 of small potatoes (any).
- You need 1 tbsp of plain flour or GF flour.
- It’s 1 of vegetable or chicken stock cube.
- It’s of Small bunch of parsley leaves, finely chopped.
- Prepare of Single or double cream OR Elmlea Plant based cream (optional).
- You need 2 tbsp of finely chopped chives (optional).
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Bread or croutons to serve.
Nettle soup – can be prepared VEGAN, and FREE FROM DAIRY AND GLUTEN – Serves 4 step by step
- Sauté the chopped onions on the butter or oil, stirring often – until it’s golden.
- Reduce fire, add the flour, stir for a minute or two, than add a mug of water and stir until it becomes creamy.
- Add stock cube, salt and pepper, stir and turn off the fire..
- Cut off the nettle leaves from the stem. You can use a fork or any other utensil to avoid holding it with your hand..
- Add the chopped potatoes and the nettle to the pot and add enough water to cover it. About 4-5 mugs of water should be sufficient. Turn the heat back on, cover the pot with a lid, and gently simmer for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are cooked..
- Using a hand held blender or any other kind (be careful and make sure it’s suitable to blend hot beverages!!) cream the soup. Than add the finely chopped parsley and blend again if you wish..
- Add some cream if you prefer(4 -5 tbs should be enough) and adjust salt to your liking. To serve, use the chopped chives and another splash of cream to garnish. Enjoy with toast or croutons. Enjoy!.