Vegan Sour and Spicy Soup. Hot and sour soup is a variety of soups from several Asian culinary traditions. In all cases, the soup contains ingredients to make it both spicy and sour. Soup preparation may use chicken or pork broth, or may be meat-free.
It wasn't until I traveled to Thailand and tasted tom yum soup for the first time that I realized how well spicy and sour flavors work together. This Hot and Sour Soup is a Vegan version of the Chinese restaurant staple. It's aromatic, sour and spicy (to your liking)- your taste buds will be dancing! You can cook Vegan Sour and Spicy Soup using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Sour and Spicy Soup
- It’s 20 g of black fungus thinly sliced.
- You need 1 of carrot thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 of tomato diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of thinly sliced mushroom.
- Prepare 100 g of bamboo shoot.
- You need 1 of vegetables stick.
- Prepare 1 liter of water.
- It’s 1-2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- You need of White pepper.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Corn starch.
- Prepare of Tofu.
- It’s of Distilled vinegar.
Not to mention the ginger and spice that really helps with a sore throat. Eric and I were coming down with something (hey sick season 😪) and I just. This is a spicy, sour and hot vegetable soup from the Indo Chinese cuisine. Come winters and we really look forward to having hot This soup recipe is aptly titled, hot and sour soup. the hot element comes from ingredients like chilies or black pepper.
Vegan Sour and Spicy Soup step by step
- Add oil to a pot and stir fry ingredients 1 to 4 to fregrant.
- Add water and vegetables stock bring to boil.
- Add bamboo shoot and bring to boil. Then add soy sauce for color..
- Add white pepper for spiciness and salt. Then add a bit of corn starch for texture..
- Add tofu and bring to boil..
- Turn down the heat and add vinegar adjust to your taste and turn off the heat..
So either red chili paste or green. So this Vegan Hot and Sour Soup is absolutely PERFECT with just the right combination of heat and tang. This restaurant-style Hot and Sour Soup recipe is the best!! It's quick and simple to make, easy to adapt to your personal taste preferences, and so delicious! Hot and sour soup was one of my first shots at this.