Thai chicken coconut soup. This recipe uses a lot of ingredients common in Thai cooking to make a delicious and spicy soup featuring shrimp and shiitake mushrooms in a coconut milk flavored broth. Authentic, bold, and delicious Thai flavors make this soup irresistible! This is the best Thai coconut soup I've had.
This tom kha soup recipe (or Thai coconut chicken soup) is absolutely perfect. Rich and creamy yet tangy and salty, this Thai coconut chicken soup recipe is filling but light and positively bursting with flavor. The very best recipe I've ever made or tried. You can cook Thai chicken coconut soup using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thai chicken coconut soup
- It’s 1 can of 14 oz coconut milk.
- You need 1 can of 14 oz reduced sodium chicken broth.
- You need 6 of quarter sized slices fresh ginger.
- Prepare 1 stalk of lemongrass cut in 1 inch pieces.
- Prepare 1 lb of boned skinned chicken breast.
- Prepare 1 cup of sliced mushrooms.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of thai chilie paste.
- You need 1/4 cup of basil leaves.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cilantro.
I highly suggest seasoning your chicken before adding it to this dish. Creamy and flavorful, our Easy Thai Coconut Soup is the recipe you've been looking for. This simple Thai chicken soup has that distinctive Thai flavor-a balance of spicy, salty, sweet, and sour. You will especially welcome this soup's warmth during the winter.
Thai chicken coconut soup step by step
- in a med saucepan combine milk, broth, ginger, and lemongrass and bring to boil.
- add chicken, mushrooms, lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and chili paste..
- reduce heat and simmer until chicken is firm and opaque, 5-10 min.
- discard lemongrass.
- garnish with basil and cilantro.
Tom Ka Gai can either be served as an appetizer or as the star player. Add noodles if you're planning to make this soup an. This authentic recipe for Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Chicken Soup) is full of amazing flavor and can be made quickly and easily on the stovetop or Thai red chilies are a nice addition to the soup too, but you can also use chili paste. Make the Tom Kha Gai in an Instant Pot with chicken breast or chicken. We've deviated slightly from the classic version of a popular Thai soup by adding rice to make it more substantial.