How to Prepare Yummy Hungarian potato soup
Hungarian potato soup. Chef John's amazingly delicious and hearty Hungarian potato and sausage soup delivers a combination of savory and sweet flavors in every comforting spoonful. All hot soups can nourish the body, and comfort the soul, but some seem to do so more profoundly than others, and this Hungarian Potato and Sausage Soup is. DIRECTIONS Add the potatoes, water, and salt. until the potatoes are tender.
This simple soup only has a few ingredients and is the perfect comfort food for a chilly winter day. Hungarian Beef-and-Potato Soup. © Elizabeth Drago, Food Stylist Vivian Lui. Potato soup is a substantial dish that can serve as a pick-me-up on cold days. You can have Hungarian potato soup using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hungarian potato soup
- It’s 8 medium of size potatoes.
- Prepare 1 medium of size onion.
- Prepare 1 of leek.
- It’s 2 clove of of garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 5 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- It’s 4 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1 of croutons.
- It’s of low cholesterol option.
- You need 1 of replace butter for margarine.
- You need 1 of use skim milk.
- Prepare 1 of use low fat sour cream.
There are uncountable potato dishes in the Hungarian cuisine, which prove that this starchy, tuberous crop is. Hungarian Potato and Sausage Soup – Comfortarian Cuisine. All hot soups will nourish the body, and comfort the soul, but some seem to do so more profoundly than. Hungarian potato soup is an easy soup to make, and its flavor is unique.
Hungarian potato soup instructions
- Peel and dice potatoes. If you have a hand-held blender you can leave the peel and blend at the end..
- Chop onion, garlic and leek.
- Grill on medium-high heat with butter. Do not brown..
- Add potatoes, milk and water..
- Bring to a boil and let simmer on low heat for 45 min.
- Add flour, paprika and sour cream.
- Stir or blend until smooth.
- Serve and top with croutons.
It has been a favorite in my family for many generations. It is just some potatoes cooked in water with sausage and bay leaves. It is nice to actually over cook the potato just slightly as it gives the soup a sandy potato bottom. yum!! This Hungarian Sausage and Potato Soup is has a rich, creamy and smoky flavor that is comes together quickly and is a great meal for any night of the week. Hungarian Potato Soup Image by: Hungarian Potato Soup Author: Canadian Living.