Veggie Alphabet Soup. This alphabet vegetable soup recipe is easy, homemade, and satisfying. This is an absolutely delicious soup recipe, especially considering that most of your bowl is veggies. How to Make Veggie Beef Alphabet Soup.
This Vegetable Alphabet Soup is QUICK and EASY to throw together with the option of using fresh OR frozen vegetables. Alphabet Soup gives language learners easily digestible chunks for practice. It does this by keeping track of how well you remember each vocabulary item, including details like grammatical forms and. You can cook Veggie Alphabet Soup using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Veggie Alphabet Soup
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, peeled and thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 medium of onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of rib celery, sliced thin.
- You need 8 cup of low sodium chicken broth (or use veggie stock for a vegetarian version).
- You need 1 large of tomato, seeds removed and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Prepare 2 of sprigs thyme.
- Prepare 1 of salt, to taste.
- It’s 1 of pepper, to taste.
- It’s 1 small of yellow summer squash, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces.
- It’s 1 cup of green beans, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped parsley.
- It’s 6 oz of small alphabet pasta (I love noodles so I use more).
- You need 1 of sprinkling of Parmesan cheese (optional, but really awesome especially if using vegetable stock).
How do you make alphabet soup? This soup starts with ground beef, which is cooked with carrots, onion and celery. After the meat and veggies are cooked through, tomatoes, beef broth and. I find soup in general to be a great way to get kids to eat and alphabet soup is especially fun for them because they can actually learn and participate in their meal.
Veggie Alphabet Soup step by step
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat olive oil..
- When hot, add carrots, onion and celery and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes..
- Stir in broth, tomato and thyme and bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, covered, until vegetables are just tender, about 10 minutes..
- Add squash, green beans and pasta and cook, uncovered, until pasta and vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes..
- Remove thyme sprigs..
- Add parsley..
- Season with salt and pepper..
- Serve with cheese, if desired..
- *This recipe makes about 4 to 6 servings depending on how big of an appetite you and your family have.*.
Alphabet Soup by Bessiemoolah, learn to make this recipe easily in your kitchen machine and discover other Thermomix recipes in Soups. Veggie Alphabet Soup Recipe is not tested. Alphabet soup is a metaphor for an abundance of abbreviations or acronyms, named for a common dish made from alphabet pasta. Use dates at least as far back as Franklin D. I added some soup veggies and a BIG spoonful of chipotle adobo sauce.