Easiest Way to Prepare Yummy Broccoli Cheese Soup
Broccoli Cheese Soup. In a stockpot, melt butter over medium heat. This cheesy broccoli cheddar soup is proof that soup doesn't need to be made in big batches to be Add broccoli. Cook and stir until heated through.
This might not be an exact replica of Panera's Broccoli Cheddar Soup… If you like Panera's broccoli cheddar soup, this blows the pants off it. It's absolutely perfect comfort food and I couldn't stop eating it. A very good broccoli cheese soup. You can have Broccoli Cheese Soup using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Prepare 2 of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of Onion finely chopped.
- You need 3 of Flour.
- Prepare 1 of Garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 of Salt.
- Prepare 3 of Low sodium chicken broth.
- It’s 6 of Broccoli florets.
- You need 1 of 2% milk.
- It’s 1 of Low fat sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 of Black pepper to taste.
This flavorful soup is made without heavy cream, milk or flour—or even vegetable broth. You'll just need a few basic ingredients to make it Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe Ingredients. For the "cheese" factor here, I loosely based the ingredients on the ones I used in this Carrot Queso. Potato is the main thickener (along with some.
Broccoli Cheese Soup instructions
- In a large pot, heat the oil over med heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until soft, bout 5 min. Stir in the flour, garlic powder, and salt and cook for 2 min.
- Slowly whisk in the chicken broth and simmer the liquid until it thickens slightly. Add the broccoli and cook until tender, 7-10 min.
- Remove the soup from the heat and purée using a blender, food processor, or immersion blender. If necessary, return the soup to the pot and heat over med heat. Whisk in the milk, 1 cp of the cheddar, and the pepper. Ladle the soup into serving bowls and sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon of the remaining cheese.
Broccoli Cheese Soup is one of our favorite quick and easy meals any time of year! Perfect for lunch, or an easy weeknight dinner with salad and loaf of french bread. Ladle over steamed broccoli pieces for added texture. This thick and creamy broccoli, cheese and potato soup is lick-the-bowl good! This easy Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe is based upon Panera's, but if you ask me, it's better!