Recipe: Appetizing Butternut Squash Soup
Butternut Squash Soup. Enjoy Our Tasty Butternut Squash Bisque Made with Apple and Cinnamon! Remove squash chunks with slotted spoon and place in a blender and puree. Cut squash into eight large pieces.
Pour in enough of the chicken stock to cover vegetables. Butternut Squash Soup Recipes Savory, sweet and nutritious, butternut squash is versatile and delicious. We've chosen some of our favorite recipes that showcase this seasonal vegetable. You can cook Butternut Squash Soup using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Soup
- Prepare of Butternut Squash Soup.
- Prepare 4 cup of butternut squash, diced into cubes.
- You need 3 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need 1/2 large of white onion, diced.
- It’s 1 cup of skim milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 2/3 can of pumpkin puree *optional*.
- You need 2 tbsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of curry powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s of Topping (optional).
- You need 4 of strips low-sodium bacon.
- It’s 1 cup of low-fat feta cheese or goat cheese.
- It’s 3 tbsp of toasted nuts of your choice, minced.
This Butternut Squash Soup Recipe is creamy and delicious, without being loaded up with heavy cream. It's easy to prepare, and the incredible flavor of the butternut squash really shines. I'd like to think this is the most elegant version of butternut squash soup out there. This traditional butternut squash soup will go great with grilled cheese sandwiches and salads through the end of winter.
Butternut Squash Soup step by step
- Put diced butternut squash into large bowl with olive oil, 1 tbsp salt, 1 tbsp pepper, curry powder and cinnamon (feel free to add any herbs or spices desired). Toss to coat each cube evenly. Place into 400°F oven for 45 min or until soft and slighlty browning..
- While the squash bakes, dice the onion and combine this with the chicken broth, remaining salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and let simmer until onions are soft. Add garlic and continue to boil until squash is done..
- When squash is done, put cubes into a blender with onion-broth mixture. Add skim milk and pumpkin puree (if desired), and puree until velvety texture is achieved..
- To keep warm, pour back into sauce pan which previously containted the broth and heat on a very low tempurature, stirring occasionally. Serve hot with optional topping sprinkled on top..
- For topping: sautee bacon until crispy. Combine this with crumbled feta cheese or goat cheese and toasted nuts. Another healthy option is to top with diced parsley or cilantro..
Keep it in mind for the holidays, too. I designed this soup to complement typical Thanksgiving fare, like green beans and mashed potatoes. This easy butternut squash soup recipe is a great make-ahead option. This easy butternut squash soup recipe is completely dairy-free! It has added red pepper and ginger, and is deliciously smooth.