Recipe: Appetizing Broccoli and Cheese Soup by Rocco Dispirito
Broccoli and Cheese Soup by Rocco Dispirito. Whisk the cornstarch mixture into the broccoli mixture. In a stockpot, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion in butter until softened.
Rocco Dispirito – Chicken And Dumpling Soup, Guilt Free Tiramisu From Rocco Dispirito, Crispy-on-the-top Tuna And Green Pea Casserole (rocco Dispirito) Broccoli Cheese Soup Deliciously classic broccoli-cheese soup. Change up the cheese you use, and either mash it in the pot or puree at the end. See great recipes for Spinach and Artichoke Salad by Rocco Dispirito too! You can cook Broccoli and Cheese Soup by Rocco Dispirito using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Broccoli and Cheese Soup by Rocco Dispirito
- It’s of nonstick cooking spray.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of broccoli, roughly chopped.
- You need 1/2 of medium yellow onion chopped fine.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, chopped fine salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of low-fat, low sodium chicken broth, plus extra if needed.
- It’s 1 cup of 2% milk.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of greek yogurt.
- It’s of freshely ground black pepper.
DiSpirito lightened this soup by using low-fat chicken broth and skinless chicken breast and omitting sour cream and cheese. The heat in chiles comes from capsaicin, an antioxidant that improves. From Rocco DiSpirito's Now Eat This! Needless to say, I ran to the store right away and bought the ingredients necessary to make this soup.
Broccoli and Cheese Soup by Rocco Dispirito instructions
- Heat a dutch oven over high heat. When the pot is hot, spray it with cooking spray. Add the broccoli, onion, and garlic. Cover, and sauté the vegetables until they are almost tender, about 5 minutes. Season lightly with salt. Add the chicken broth, bring the mixture to a boil, and cook uncovered until thw liquid has reduced by half, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the milk and cornstarch together in a medium bowl until theoughly combined..
- Whisk the cornstarch mixture into the broccoli mixture. Bring the soup to a boil and cook, stirring often, until it has thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Pour half the contents of the pot into a blender, and puree until smooth. Pour the pureed soup back into the pot. Adjust the consistency with a little more chicken broth, if necessary..
- Remove the pot from the heat. Stir the cheese and yogurt into the soup. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve..
You can find the recipe here on the Food Network. This soup recipe is velveety smooth and sinfully delicious! Chop celery stalks and add to pot. Add potato, carrots, broccoli rabe, leeks and cabbage to pot. Skim to remove impurities if necessary.