Recipe: Delicious wild rice soup
wild rice soup. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. In a medium saucepan, combine the rice, oil and water; bring to a boil. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook the onion, celery and carrot in butter until vegetables are almost tender.
Wash rice thoroughly by running it under cold water in a strainer. Add rice to boiling liquid in a heavy saucepan or pot. To cut down on fat and calories, spray saucepan with cooking spray before heating. You can cook wild rice soup using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of wild rice soup
- You need 1/3 cup of lentils.
- Prepare 3 cup of water.
- Prepare 6 oz of long grain and wild rice mix.
- You need 14 1/2 oz of vegetable broth.
- Prepare 10 oz of frozen mixed vegetables.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of processed american cheese cut into pieces.
In a large pot over medium heat, combine broth, water and chicken. Bring just to boiling, then stir in rice, reserving seasoning packet. Instant Pot: Put all the ingredients in the first list into the Instant Pot (affiliate link). Release steam using the valve on top.
wild rice soup instructions
- prise and sort lentils, descarding any debris or blemished lentils. combine lentils and water in small saucepan. bring to boil, reduce heat to low. simmer, covered, 5 minutes. let stand, covered, 1 hour. drain and rinse lentils..
- cook rice according to package directions in medium saucepan. add lentils and remaining ingredients. bring to boil reduce heat to low simmer uncovered 20 minutes. garnish as desired..
Stovetop: When the soup is done, melt the butter in a saucepan. Let the mixture cook for a minute or two to remove the floury taste. Vegetable Stock: Or chicken stock, whatever you happen to have on hand. Autumn Veggies: Sweet potato, carrots, celery, onion, baby bella mushrooms and garlic.. Taste of Home has the best wild rice soup recipes from real cooks like you, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips.