Vegetarian black bean soup. Pureed black beans and tomatoes are combined with vegetable broth to make a nice thick base for this soup, which hosts celery, carrots, onion and corn. My wife loves black bean soup and I made this and it is the best she's had anywhere. Watch how to make the best black bean soup!
Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until slightly chunky, or transfer half of the soup to a blender. While your black bean soup is cooking on the stove, prepare the corn chips. Serve your vegetarian tortilla soup in individual bowls topped with baked tortilla chips and optional cheese, sour cream, cilantro, and avocado. You can have Vegetarian black bean soup using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian black bean soup
- You need of Soup.
- You need 2 can of 15 oz each black beans.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 medium of Spanish onion chopped.
- You need 3 clove of garlic chopped.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of cummin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 can of 15oz chopped tomatoes with chili's unstrained.
- You need 3 cup of vegetable stock.
- You need of Garnish.
- Prepare 1 cup of rice cooked as directed.
- You need 1 tbsp of sour cream (garnish).
- It’s 1 pinch of Shredded cheese (for garnish).
Cuban Black Bean Soup – Rich in protein and loaded with veggies and flavorful spices, this black bean soup is thick, hearty and absolutely delicious! Black beans are a 'superfood' containing good amounts of fiber, protein and other trace minerals so important to good health. black bean soup. Black beans are my favorite beans in the whole world and I tried them just a few years ago thanks to the blog. It was love at first taste!
Vegetarian black bean soup instructions
- Using a pot Sautee chopped garlic and onion in olive oil until sweated out and translucent.
- while sautéing puree one can of beans in blender or food processor.
- add cummin and chili powder to onions and garlic and stir letting cook for about a minute to release flavors and aromas.
- add can tomatoes stir and bring to a boil for a minute.
- stir in pureed beans and 2nd can of beans.
- add 3 cups vegetable stock, stir and simmer for 20 mins.
- put scoop of cooked rice into bowl and top with soup.
- Garnish with cheese of choice (I use Mexican blend) and sour cream.
- This is a quick meal. 5 minutes to prep 30 mins cooking.
You don't need to use the same ingredients, just what you have on hand. Feel free to add other veggies (like carrots, tomatoes, leeks, potatoes). Delicious, healthy, and creamy, this Vegetarian Butternut Squash Black Bean Soup is everything you need to keep warm through the cold winter months. You're probably wondering what this possibly has to do with Butternut Squash Black Bean Soup. Black bean soup recipes have a tendency to turn out sludgy or bland, but the trick here is to season generously, and purée sparingly.