Easiest Way to Make Tasty Potato Soup
Potato Soup. Browse Our Collection Of Simple Potato Soup Recipes and Prepare Yummy Meals! Chipotle Leek and Potato Soup "A delicious, smooth and spicy soup." – Buckwheat Queen. Most Made Today Perfect Potato Soup Potato soup.the way I love it!
This collection of potato soup recipes shows off the best of the best, adding flair and flavor to any menu. Cheesy potato soup, loaded baked potato soup, sweet potato soup—we have a recipe for every potato soup recipe you could ever want. In a Dutch oven, cook the bacon over medium heat until done. You can have Potato Soup using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato Soup
- It’s of strips lean bacon, chopped.
- Prepare of finely sliced leeks or onion or 8 large green onions with tops, finely sliced.
- Prepare of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of medium-sized potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- You need of lower-sodium chicken broth.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of white or black pepper.
- You need of low-fat(1%)milk.
- You need of all-purpose flour or potato flakes.
- Prepare of dried basil leaves.
Remove bacon from pan, and set aside. I got this potato soup recipe from my mother in law. We absolutely love it and it is very simple. You can, of course, decrease the cheese amount.
Potato Soup step by step
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over moderate heat until crisp. Remove bacon, reserving drippings. Drain bacon on paper towels; set aside. Add leeks and garlic to reserved drippings and cook until tender. Add potatoes, broth, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Using a fork, slightly mash the potatoes against the side of the saucepan..
- In a medium-sized bowl, wisk together the milk, flour or potato flakes, and basil; stir into potato mixture. Cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until mixture starts to thicken. Cook and stir 2 minutes more or until thickened. Ladle soup into bowls. Top with bacon. Serve with corn bread. Makes 6 side-dish servings..
I also add broccoli, carrots, corn, peas or any combination of those when I am in the mood. The phrase loaded potato soup refers to the soup being 'loaded' up with all the toppings you would find on a baked potato. For example: bacon, cheese, sour cream and green onion. For example: bacon, cheese, sour cream and green onion. Potato Soup loaded with chunks of tender, hearty potatoes and made with a rich and creamy soup base.