Easiest Way to Make Perfect Vegan Lentil Soup
Vegan Lentil Soup. Try Our Vegetarian Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About Today. The perfect plant-based main or side. This brown lentil soup is made with onions, garlic, tomato paste, celery, carrot, and parsley, which add great flavor to this easy soup.
This vegetarian lentil soup recipe uses plenty of seasonings to perk up the soup, including thyme, bay leaves and a bit of lemon juice to brighten all the flavors. Enjoy this traditional and warming dish! Because lentils are so small, you can skip the soaking step; simply add them to water and simmer away. You can cook Vegan Lentil Soup using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Lentil Soup
- It’s 1 of celery stalk.
- You need 1 of medium carrot.
- It’s 1 of small onion.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of pepper.
- You need 4 cups of vegetable broth.
- It’s 1 can of diced tomatoes (15 ounce).
- It’s 1 1/4 cups of green or brown lentils.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 T of thyme.
- Prepare 1 t of red wine or sherry vinegar.
- You need of Frozen chopped spinach or kale.
That makes this low-calorie, gluten-free recipe a no-brainer for weeknight dinners. This hearty vegan lentil soup is loaded with spices and vegetables like carrots, golden potatoes, celery, and spinach. It's a super easy, cozy lunch or dinner! Right up there with guacamole and granola , soup is one of those things I'd always rather do homemade rather than purchase if possible.
Vegan Lentil Soup step by step
- Cook celery, carrot, and onion in a bit of oil or water until softened. Add garlic and season with salt and pepper..
- Add all ingredients except vinegar and spinach, then bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer, covered, about 30 min..
- Test to make sure lentils are done and then add vinegar and spinach..
This vegan lentil soup is a blended Middle Eastern style lentil soup, made with red lentils and blended for a super creamy and delicious soup! This vegan lentil soup is simply amazing! It has a wonderfully rich flavor and is so creamy you'll swear it must actually have cream in it, but nope, nothing like that. Heat the oil in a large pot and add the veggies (garlic, onion, celery and carrot). Cook over medium-high heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally.