Recipe: Yummy Potato and Cauliflower Soup
Potato and Cauliflower Soup. Stir cauliflower, chicken broth, water, and potatoes together in a large pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and stir in garlic, salt, white pepper, and thyme. Place the water and the cauliflower in a large pot and bring to a boil.
You can omit the potato if you like and make it a pure cauliflower soup. A little nutmeg and cayenne pepper help to season the soup. Garnish this flavorful soup with a drizzling of extra virgin olive oil or, better yet, chili or garlic infused olive oil. You can have Potato and Cauliflower Soup using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato and Cauliflower Soup
- It’s 2 of large potatoes, cut into small pieces.
- Prepare 1 of bouquette Cauliflower, cut into small florettes.
- You need Half of onion, sliced thinly.
- Prepare 2 of leek, cut 2 cm length.
- It’s of Chicken stock to boil, for vegetarian, replace with water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
This Cheesy Cauliflower and Potato Soup was super creamy and satisfying, without being overly heavy like creamy potato soups can sometimes be. It was the perfect weight for this transitional is-it-fall-or-is-it-summer weather! Substitutions: Add the cauliflower florets, potato chunks, and broth to the pot and bring to a boil. If desired, line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
Potato and Cauliflower Soup step by step
- Melt butter in a heavy bottom pot, saute onion and leek until soft..
- Add potatoes and cauliflower, cook for a while, add chicken stock, cook until potatoes and cauliflower are soft..
- When the potatoes and cauliflowers are cold enough, process with food processor until smooth, add water/stock until it reach desired thickness..
- Put the blended soup back to pan, strain if needed. Reheat the soup, adjust the flavour by adding salt and pepper..
- Serve with bacon bites and croutons.
This Slow Cooker Loaded Potato and Cauliflower Soup gives you all the flavors you love from a loaded baked potato with a lighter twist! Replacing some of the potatoes in this soup with cauliflower lowers the calories and carbs without sacrificing that thick, rich potato texture or flavor. Stir in cauliflower, potato, broth, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Add the milk, stirring well to blend. This cauliflower potato soup is SO SO SO SO good.