Pumpkin soup. This easy soup is made with pumpkin puree, chicken stock, onion, and fresh herbs. Heat stock, salt, pumpkin, onion, thyme, garlic, and peppercorns. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for.
Pumpkin soup is a usually 'bound' (thick) soup made from a purée of pumpkin. It is made by combining the meat of a blended pumpkin with broth or stock. It can be served hot or cold, and is a popular Thanksgiving dish in the United States. You can cook Pumpkin soup using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin soup
- Prepare of Pumpkin soup.
- It’s 1/2 of medium pumkin.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic cloves chopped.
- Prepare 1 of shallot chopped.
- It’s 1 of red onion chopped.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 large of potato.
- You need 2 large of carrots.
- You need 500 ml of veg stock.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of molasses sugar.
- It’s 2 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil melted.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s 1 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 200 ml of coconut cream milk.
- It’s 1 bunch of basil.
- You need 1 bunch of coriander.
Your mama's gonna be so proud. Pumpkin soup is what we all crave come October, but the idea of starting with an actual pumpkin? The shortcut was obvious — canned pumpkin — but would it taste as good? Watch how to make the best pumpkin soup in this short recipe video!
Pumpkin soup instructions
- Cut pumpkin in half and de-seed (bake seeds for later!).
- Chop carrots, onions, shallot and garlic and add to pumpkin.
- Mix sugar with oil and mix in with veg mix and add pinch salt.
- Cover with foil and bake 220ºc for about 40mins untill soft.
- While pumpkin is baking place stock in large pan and bring to boil.
- Add potato and simmer untill soft (20 mins).
- When pumpkin is done scoop out everything inside pumpkin and add to stock mix.
- Puree untill soft return to low heat.
- Add cream nutmeg and basil, coriander and add salt to taste if needed.
- Blend again and serve :).
This creamy (yet cream-less) soup features incredible roasted pumpkin flavor. Pumpkin Soup is one of the best fall soups you'll ever taste. A creamy base is loaded with bacon, pumpkin, spices, and pureed until smooth. This easy squash soup is the perfect fall recipe! Pumpkin soup in the fall is something that never gets old.