Recipe: Perfect Acorn Squash Soup & Toasted Seeds
Acorn Squash Soup & Toasted Seeds. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. Melt butter in a saucepan and sauté the onion. The recipe for this thick and creamy acorn squash soup was given to me by a fellow squash lover.
In a large saucepan, saute onion and curry powder in butter until onion is tender. Cut squash in half; remove seeds and fibers. Cut squash in half, remove seeds. You can have Acorn Squash Soup & Toasted Seeds using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Acorn Squash Soup & Toasted Seeds
- You need 2 of acorn squash (skin on).
- You need 1 of yellow onion.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of pepper.
- You need Dash of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tbsp of honey.
- You need 16 oz of chicken stock (use vegetable stock for vegan).
- It’s 16 oz of water.
- It’s 1 pint of heavy whipping cream (leave out for vegan).
Place cooked squash halves on paper towels on baking board and allow to cool. Acorn squash soup is an amazing soup to make, if you like butternut squash chances are you will love acorn squash soup as well. If ever asked I have to say the fall is my favorite season of the whole year. Place the squash halves cut side down in a baking dish.
Acorn Squash Soup & Toasted Seeds instructions
- Chop onion into large chunks and smash garlic cloves and sauté for a few minutes until aromatic. Add salt, pepper and chunks of acorn squash and cook on medium heat for a few minutes..
- Add chicken stock and water and simmer for about 10 minutes..
- Blend mixture with immersion blender and add in thyme and honey. Add more seasoning if desired..
- Add whipping cream and serve hot!.
- For toasted acorn squash seeds, clean seeds and dry first. Mix olive oil, a dash or salt and pepper and evenly coat seeds. Bake on 325 for 20 minutes! Serve on top of soup or as a snack for another day..
Remove from heat, and cool slightly. Tips on roasting acorn and butternut squash. For roasting vegetables, especially winter squash, you will want uniformized sized pieces. I tried to keep the vegetables simple and wanted the winter squash to shine in this soup, so I only added a large onion and sliced it into large pieces. I don't care for sweet soup but wanted to use freshly baked pumpkin to make an easy soup.