Recipe: Tasty chayote tomato and mushroom soup
chayote tomato and mushroom soup. Tomato soup is usually served with grilled cheese sandwiches, but this soup does not need some hot processed cheese between bread, it is delicious on its own. Add the tomatoes and mushrooms to the pot and stir in. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and add in basil leaves and bay leaves.
This soup recipe came about while I was experimenting with the goodies from my garden…I serve it often to my family, especially in the winter. —Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin. Chayotes are a staple of Mexico and Costa Rica, are high in vitamin C, low in calories, and are a good source of fiber. Tomato Mushroom Soup recipe: Try this Tomato Mushroom Soup recipe, or contribute your own. You can cook chayote tomato and mushroom soup using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of chayote tomato and mushroom soup
- You need 2 of chayote.
- You need 1 lb of whole white mushrooms.
- You need 1 large of onion chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sweet multi colored peppers chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of celery salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 15 oz of can of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 of zest of one lemon.
- You need 1 of juice of one lemon.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice , extra.
- You need 1/4 cup of mirin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ghee.
- You need 1 tsp of basil, dried, or fresh.
- It’s 1 tbsp of parsley flakes dried, or fresh.
Add broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, pepper and half of the mushrooms. Slow Cooker Tomato Vegetable Soup Recipes. This quick and easy recipe for Spaghetti With Mushroom Tomato Pasta Sauce is a simple vegetarian pasta dish that will see you through many a weeknight You can never go wrong with mushrooms, garlic, and wine. Put all that together with a good amount of spaghetti, add in a tomato sauce and you.
chayote tomato and mushroom soup instructions
- cube the chayote ,slice the onion, and peppers.
- heat oil in pan add onions.
- add the peppers to the onions.
- add the mushrooms and chayote to the oils add spices lemon zest, ghee , mirin, lemon juice.
- mix the cornstarch and water together add to the mushrooms mixture let it thicken.
- add tomato sauce adjust spices bring to boil let sit 3 minutes serve.
Supercook clearly lists the ingredients each recipe uses, so you can find the perfect recipe quickly! The chayote squash is a squash I am learning to cook. Its a funny looking little squash that seems to smile at you. Hoping this recipe makes folks smile too. Fill chayote shells with mushroom mixture.