Recipe: Yummy chayote tomato and mushroom soup
chayote tomato and mushroom soup. Tomato soup is usually served with grilled cheese sandwiches, but this soup does not need some hot processed cheese between bread, it is delicious on its own. Add the tomatoes and mushrooms to the pot and stir in. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and add in basil leaves and bay leaves.
This soup recipe came about while I was experimenting with the goodies from my garden…I serve it often to my family, especially in the winter. —Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin. Chayotes are a staple of Mexico and Costa Rica, are high in vitamin C, low in calories, and are a good source of fiber. The chayote squash is a squash I am learning to cook. You can cook chayote tomato and mushroom soup using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of chayote tomato and mushroom soup
- Prepare 2 of chayote.
- Prepare 1 lb of whole white mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 large of onion chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of sweet multi colored peppers chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of celery salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 15 oz of can of tomato sauce.
- You need 1 of zest of one lemon.
- You need 1 of juice of one lemon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice , extra.
- It’s 1/4 cup of mirin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ghee.
- It’s 1 tsp of basil, dried, or fresh.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of parsley flakes dried, or fresh.
Its a funny looking little squash that seems to smile at you. Hoping this recipe makes folks smile too. Fill chayote shells with mushroom mixture. Tomato Mushroom Soup recipe: Try this Tomato Mushroom Soup recipe, or contribute your own.
chayote tomato and mushroom soup step by step
- cube the chayote ,slice the onion, and peppers.
- heat oil in pan add onions.
- add the peppers to the onions.
- add the mushrooms and chayote to the oils add spices lemon zest, ghee , mirin, lemon juice.
- mix the cornstarch and water together add to the mushrooms mixture let it thicken.
- add tomato sauce adjust spices bring to boil let sit 3 minutes serve.
Add broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, pepper and half of the mushrooms. Chayote squash is in the gourd family and is a traditional, common vegetable in Mexico that is eaten raw in salads for crunch, or cooked for a smooth texture. This Chayote Squash and Zucchini Soup is both hearty and healthy. This flavorful soup combines peeled and chopped chayotes with rich and. Supercook clearly lists the ingredients each recipe uses, so you can find the perfect recipe quickly!