Recipe: Perfect Butternut Squash Soup
Butternut Squash Soup. Enjoy Our Tasty Butternut Squash Bisque Made with Apple and Cinnamon! Remove squash chunks with slotted spoon and place in a blender and puree. In a large saucepan, saute onions in margarine until tender.
We've chosen some of our favorite recipes that showcase this seasonal vegetable. Cut squash into eight large pieces. Pour in enough of the chicken stock to cover vegetables. You can cook Butternut Squash Soup using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Soup
- Prepare 5 small of Butternut Squash seeded, peeled, chopped.
- You need 1 large of yellow onion sliced into half moons thinly.
- Prepare 2 cup of vegetable stock.
- It’s 2 tsp of butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander seeds crushed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of rosemary crushed with coriander.
- You need 1 tsp of ground sage.
- You need 1 of sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of or less heavy cream.
This Butternut Squash Soup Recipe is creamy and delicious, without being loaded up with heavy cream. It's easy to prepare, and the incredible flavor of the butternut squash really shines. I'd like to think this is the most elegant version of butternut squash soup out there. Butternut squash brilliantly mimics the color and creaminess of cheddar, plus boosts fiber and adds key nutrients such as beta carotene.
Butternut Squash Soup step by step
- Peel seed and chop squash.
- Slice onion and crush the coriander and rosemary.
- Put butter and onion into pot and saute.
- Add seasonings.
- Add squash and stock.
- Cook until squash is very very soft. Turn off heat.
- I use a food mill but a blender works just as well. Laddle into blender only half and whizz until nicely creamy..
- Finish blending all mixture and pour back into pot. Check salt and pepper adding if needed..
- Set soup to simmer. When simmering, turn off heat and slowly drizzle in the cream. I only used 1/8th a cup of cream use as much as you would like..
- Stir cream in and serve. We put chopped cooked bacon and a little cheddar. Enjoy!.
Rich in energizing B-vitamins and plant protein, nutritional yeast boosts cheesy flavor, yet contain no added sodium. This easy butternut squash soup recipe is completely dairy-free! It has added red pepper and ginger, and is deliciously smooth. This traditional butternut squash soup will go great with grilled cheese sandwiches and salads through the end of winter. Keep it in mind for the holidays, too.