Black bean soup. Add To Chili, Rice, Salads and More! Black Bean Soup Hearty, flavorful, perfect for weeknight dinner or weekend company! We served it with fresh flour tortillas and avocado slices on the side.
Extra-virgin olive oil In a small bowl, mash one can black beans; set aside. In a large saucepan, saute the celery, onion, red pepper and jalapeno in oil until tender. Stir in the broth, tomatoes, cumin, coriander, hot sauce, pepper, bay leaf, mashed black beans and remaining whole beans. You can have Black bean soup using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Black bean soup
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of onion, diced.
- You need 4 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 4 can (15 ounces) of each – black beans, rinsed well and drained.
- You need 32 oz of vegetable or chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 of lime, juice only.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper, or to taste.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a low simmer. In a large pot over medium-high heat, place the beans in three times their volume of water. Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Meet my favorite black bean soup!
Black bean soup step by step
- Heat olive oil in stock pot. Add onion and garlic and saute until tender, about 5 minutes..
- Add remaining and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Puree with an immersion blender, a food processor, or blender..
- Return to stock pot and simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes. Serve with sour cream, cheese, avocado, or raw diced onions if desired..
It takes advantage of canned black beans and comes together quickly. Yet the soup tastes remarkably fresh thanks to the carrots, celery and garlic. Cumin and a little bit of sherry vinegar (or lime juice) add a Cuban flair that takes it over the top. This lightly creamy black bean soup is packed with flavor. Black bean soup recipes have a tendency to turn out sludgy or bland, but the trick here is to season generously, and purée sparingly.