curried carrot soup. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Saute onion until tender and translucent. There's a nice challenge in staring into a less than sufficiently stocked refrigerator.
I used the recipe as a base and made some changes, although I am quite. Reviews for: Photos of Curried Carrot Soup. This curried carrot soup is one of them! You can have curried carrot soup using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of curried carrot soup
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion, roughly chopped.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, crushed.
- You need 32 oz of vegetable broth (or chicken broth).
- It’s 6 of carrots, roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 of apple, peeled and roughly chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 3/4 tsp of curry powder.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- It’s pinch of cayenne.
- You need 1/2 cup of cream, milk, or evaporated milk.
This curried carrot soup is perfect for a lunch or a light dinner along with some bread and a side salad, or a first course for a dinner party. This sweet and spicy curried soup has a wonderfully rich flavor even though it's made without a drop of cream. Curried carrot soup variation: Add some curry powder with the garlic and ground spices. This soup makes a wonderfully satisfying appetizer or main course when fleshed out with a green salad and hot bread.
curried carrot soup step by step
- Heat oil in stock pot over medium high. Add onion and garlic and saute until golden, about 8 minutes..
- Add broth, carrots, apple, ginger, curry powder, coriander, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Simmer, covered, about 30 minutes, or until carrots are very tender..
- Puree soup with an immersion blender or in a food processor or blender..
- Return soup to pot. Add milk and heat through but do not boil..
Curry, ginger and garlic are the savory seasonings in Thom Armentrout's soup. Curried Carrot Soup Recipe photo by Taste of Home. This Curried Carrot Soup recipe is delicious! If you like my Thai Curry Vegetable Soup, you're going to love this one as well. You only need a few ingredients to make this light and satisfying Thai Coconut Curry Carrot Soup.