Recipe: Delicious VEGAN tomato soup
VEGAN tomato soup. Try Our Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About Today. This Easy Tomato Basil Soup is for those times when I am feeling virtuous and when I don't have much time. It is so incredibly easy to make and takes only about ten minutes from start to finish.
This dreamy vegan tomato soup is soothing, comforting, and perfect for pairing with plant-powered grilled cheese. The post has since been updated with new photos. It tastes best in summer when tomatoes are in season. You can cook VEGAN tomato soup using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of VEGAN tomato soup
- You need 5-6 of baby tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of vegetable stock.
- You need 1 of potato.
- You need of enoki mushroom.
- You need of salt.
- You need of pepper.
- You need of thyme.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s of dried oregano.
- It’s of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chilli sauce.
Tomato soup is a classic, heartwarming dish that can be enjoyed as an appetizer or the main entree. Fortunately, a hearty tomato soup doesn't need butter, cream or chicken stock to be delicious! This easy vegan tomato soup recipe has a slightly chunky texture and uses only a few simple ingredients, none of which have animal byproducts. This simple vegan tomato soup gets its creaminess from light coconut milk.
VEGAN tomato soup step by step
- Slice baby tomatoes into 2, place on top of oven pan. drizzle with 1-2 tbsp of vegetable oil. sprinkle with salt, pepper, thyme.
- Dice potato, place on oven pan, drizzle with oil..
- Roast both of the above in (preheated) oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Move roasted tomatoes into a boiling pan, toast for 2 minutes, insert 1/4 cup of vegetable stock, stir.
- Blend the roasted tomatoes and vegetable stock using mixer/blender.
- Place back the blended tomatoes into boiling pan, let simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- (meanwhile) place the roasted potatoes into a frying pan. add a pinch of salt, pepper, and chilli powder. toast until brown and tender.
- After boiling, insert the potatoes into the soup, add 1 tbsp chilli sauce, then stir. add more salt, pepper, n oregano if taste isn’t perfect yet. addition of vegetable stock powder is really recommended for a more savoury flavour..
This is the best cream of tomato soup I've ever head vegan or non vegan. To the days of making it from a packet after school. Tomato soup is one of those things that's hard to mess up. I mean you can even make a deliciously creamy RAW version! But nonetheless, I tried to make a vegan tomato soup where I used only fresh tomatoes, and it just didn't come out.