Recipe: Tasty "Faked" Potato Soup
"Faked" Potato Soup. Try Our Easy-To-Make Potato Soup Recipes. Browse & Share Now w/ Your Friends! This version tastes just as good, but without all the guilt.
Toss in the fact we have like an inch or two of snow in Ohio today and soup was the ticket. I have done a killer Loaded Faked Potato soup in the past and thought I would just adapt that a bit so here it is. This is the one I use, but if you order a different one, just make sure it comes with a tapered cup for blending. You can cook "Faked" Potato Soup using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of "Faked" Potato Soup
- Prepare of large head cauliflower.
- Prepare of shallots.
- It’s of stalk celery.
- You need of small carrot.
- Prepare of half a poblano pepper.
- It’s of bay leaf.
- Prepare of box of chicken stock.
- It’s of heavy cream.
- It’s of bacon to taste.
- It’s of bunch of scallions.
- It’s of salt, pepper & Cajun seasoning to taste.
- You need of Tbsp olive oil.
- It’s of for garnish I like grated cheddar, sour cream, bacon crumbles and green onion..
You can make mayonnaise and salad dressings with it, and it makes pureed soups like my Loaded Faked Potato Soup an absolute breeze. This is one of those kitchen appliances that gets a ton of work in my house, and it doesn't take. Loaded "Faked" Potato Soup (Gluten Free) Cauliflower is a nonstarchy vegetable like cabbage and broccoli, which is associated with a lower risk of cancer. They contain vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients (plant nutrients), that help neutralize damaging toxins.
"Faked" Potato Soup step by step
- Add the olive oil to a large pot on medium/high heat..
- Rough chop all the veggies except the bay leaf, and saute with Cajun seasoning to taste, until softened..
- Add a little bacon for flavor:).
- Add your stock and bay leaf and bring too a boil..
- Boil for 10 minutes..
- Remove bay leaf and carefully puree soup in batches. Be sure to cover blender lid with a towel to prevent explosions;).
- Once pureed, add back to cooking pot and simmer..
- Add cream and stir well..
- Gently simmer for 20 minutes. Add some more bacon and chopped green onion..
- If too thick, you can thin out with more stock, or cream. Serve and enjoy:).
See great recipes for Zuppa Toscana Soup too! Get ready to lick your plate clean at The Loaded Potato in Phoenix. Load up the mini-van and bring the kids to this restaurant ? they'll love the menu and scene here as much as mom and dad. Dining out isn't your only option here ? pickup is available, too. The Loaded Potato is located in a prime location surrounded by various parking options.