Easiest Way to Cook Yummy Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup with Crispy Tofu
Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup with Crispy Tofu.
You can have Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup with Crispy Tofu using 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup with Crispy Tofu
- It’s of Crispy tofu.
- It’s 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- You need 1 package (250 g) of extra firm tofu, cubed.
- You need of Soup.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 of thumb sized piece of ginger, peeled and minced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 3 tbsp of Thai red curry paste.
- You need 2.5 cups of boiling water.
- It’s 1 can (400 ml) of coconut milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 2 of vegetable bouillon cubes.
- It’s 1 of red bell pepper, thinly sliced, halved.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sambal oelek (optional, or sub with other mild hot sauce).
- Prepare 2 of small heads of bok choy.
- You need 125 g of instant noodles.
- Prepare of Optional toppings.
- You need of Sliced green onions.
- Prepare of Fresh basil.
- It’s of Roasted crushed peanuts.
- It’s of Sliced red chilli.
- Prepare of Lime wedges.
- It’s of Bean sprouts.
- You need of Coconut milk to drizzle on top.
Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup with Crispy Tofu instructions
- Add coconut oil and tofu to a pan on medium heat. Don’t agitate the tofu or flip it too soon because it will just crumble. Let it crisp up and after a few minutes, the tofu will become easier to flip..
- In a large pot on high heat, add the oil, garlic and ginger. Cook for 2 minutes, adding splashes of water to deglaze the pan whenever needed. Then, add the curry paste, stirring and cook thoroughly for another minute..
- While cooking the paste, continue to flip the tofu as needed. When tofu is cooked, set aside..
- To a large pot, add the boiling water, coconut milk, bouillon cubes, red bell pepper, soy sauce, and sambal. Stir until fully incorporated, and let it simmer for 5 minutes..
- Add bok choy and noodles and let it simmer for another 3 minutes. We don’t want to over cook the noodles!.
- Add tofu before serving. Once mixed in, serve, and garnish with toppings..