Hearty and Creamy Tonjiru (miso soup with pork, vegetables and a dash of milk). Great recipe for Hearty and Creamy Tonjiru (miso soup with pork, vegetables and a dash of milk). I tried added milk to regular tonjiru, since milk goes well with miso. The ingredients are all cut into thin slices to cook quickly.
Packed with loads of vegetables and a small amount of pork, tonjiru is quite filling but you will be surprised to know the calories in tonjiru are low. It is considered to be a winter dish in Japan but I can't see why we shouldn't have it all year round. Tonjiru is a kind of miso soup, simmered with pork and vegetables. You can have Hearty and Creamy Tonjiru (miso soup with pork, vegetables and a dash of milk) using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hearty and Creamy Tonjiru (miso soup with pork, vegetables and a dash of milk)
- Prepare 3 slice of Thinly sliced pork.
- It’s 4 of cm Carrot.
- It’s 5 of cm Daikon radish.
- Prepare 10 of cm Burdock root.
- It’s 1 of Potatoes.
- Prepare 10 of cm Japanese leek.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- It’s 400 ml of Water.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dashi stock granules.
- You need 1 tbsp of Miso.
- Prepare 100 ml of Milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Soy sauce.
It has more ingredients than that of miso soup that you may know. My mum used to cook it in a cold winter. #miso #soup #Japanese Tonjiru is a kind of miso soup, simmered with pork and vegetables. It has more ingredients than that of miso soup that you may know. Instant Pot Tonjiru (Pork and Vegetable Miso Soup) 豚汁(圧力鍋) Tonjiru (sometimes called Butajiru) is a hearty pork and vegetable miso soup.
Hearty and Creamy Tonjiru (miso soup with pork, vegetables and a dash of milk) instructions
- Cut the pork into bite-sized pieces. Slice the carrot and burdock root on the diagonal. Cut the daikon into quarter rounds, the potato into 8 parts and the Japanese leek into thin rounds..
- Place the saucepan over medium heat, add the sesame oil and fry the pork..
- When the meat changes colour, add the carrots, daikon, burdock root, and potatoes..
- Once the vegetables get coated in oil, add water, Japanese soup stock (dashi) and cook until the vegetables soften. Skim the foam off the surface in the meantime..
- Turn the heat off, add the miso dissolved in a little stock. Once it has dissolved, add the milk and bring it to a boil..
- When it has almost come to a boil, add the Japanese leek and soy sauce. You're all done!.
Tonjiru in a hearty winter miso soup made with bits and pieces of root vegetables and pork. It's a perfect way to use up vegetable peelings like carrot and potato skins, or the end pieces of daikon or burdock, the green tip of leeks or even a few shreds of cabbage. Cooking with Dog is a YouTube cooking show featured by a canine host Francis and a mysterious Japanese Chef whose real name is not disclosed. Tonjiru is a hearty pork and vegetable miso soup. Seitan Tempeh Tofu Easy Japanese Recipes Asian Recipes Ethnic Recipes Asian Foods Japanese Curry Japanese Food Hearty stews and refreshing soups for every season.