How to Cook Appetizing Thai Vermicelli Soup with Pork & Shrimp Meatballs
Thai Vermicelli Soup with Pork & Shrimp Meatballs. The Best Thai Vermicelli Noodles Recipes on Yummly Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Having posted recipes on Chinese classics like Lanzhou Beef Noodle Soup, and Noodle Soup with Pork and Pickled Greens, this Coconut Curry Noodle Soup is a bit of a departure from our normal fare.
Pour pork curry mixture into a soup pot. Season with fish sauce, soy sauce, and sugar. Recipe I learned at a Thai cooking class. You can cook Thai Vermicelli Soup with Pork & Shrimp Meatballs using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Thai Vermicelli Soup with Pork & Shrimp Meatballs
- You need of [Pork & Shrimp Meatballs]:.
- It’s 100 g of pork.
- It’s 100 g of shrimp (raw – peeled).
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 2 Tbsp of light or regular soy sauce.
- You need of [Soup]:.
- Prepare 1 liter of water.
- Prepare 100 g of Chinese cabbage / napa cabbage.
- You need 100 g of carrot.
- Prepare 60 g of vermicelli rice noodles.
- It’s 4 of shiitake mushrooms, sliced (optional).
- Prepare of Fresh cilantro/coriander leaves, chopped.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
It's a nice and easy soup that you can make when you're feeling like adding a bit of Asian-style flavors on the table 🙂 The little meatballs in the soup are made by mixing both. Make the marinade for the pork by mixing the oyster sauce, oil, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, ginger and Thai chilies. In a bowl, pour the mixture over the chopped up pork and toss until the meat is all coated in the marinade. Pull the pork out of the freezer in the morning and place it in your refrigerator to thaw.
Thai Vermicelli Soup with Pork & Shrimp Meatballs instructions
- Make the meatballs by mixing all ingredients together in a bowl. Form into 3 cm balls..
- Bring water to a boil in a pot. Add the carrot, cabbage and meatballs..
- When cabbage is soft, add the salt and vermicelli. When all vegetables are cooked, turn off the heat..
- Serve and garnish with coriander leaves..
Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with cilantro, chiles, and scallions. Made this soup last night, very tasty! After chilling and skimming off some fat, I sauteed the ginger, garlic, etc. then just added in the pork and picked up the recipe from there. Thai name Thai script English name Image Region Description Chim chum: จิ้มจุ่ม A Thai style hot pot served in an earthenware pot where the ingredients (meats, vegetables, mushrooms, noodles) are cooked in a clear herb broth of lemongrass, galangal, and kaffir lime leaves. Additionally, the broth can contain other herbs such as kaphrao (Thai holy basil), spices such as chillies.