Recipe: Appetizing Thick and Chunky Sausage Soup
Thick and Chunky Sausage Soup. I love this Sausage and Chunky Potato Soup for a lot of reasons (not the least of which is my whole family loves it!) You can really use chicken sausage as well as pork, it includes leafy greens, and the potatoes make the soup creamy without the need for a flour-based roux. In a large saucepan, bring water and lentils to a boil. This Thick and Chunky Vegetable Soup is the perfect healthy lunch on a chilly Fall day.
In a heavy saucepan, brown sausage over medium heat. Remove sausage to paper towels to drain. Saute the celery, onion, thyme and salt in the reserved drippings until tender. You can cook Thick and Chunky Sausage Soup using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thick and Chunky Sausage Soup
- It’s 1 lb of ground pork sausage.
- You need 3 each of diced red skin potatoes cooked just to being tender.
- It’s 1/2 medium of chopped onion.
- It’s 2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried basil or Italian seasoning, crushed.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 14 3/4 oz of can cream-style corn.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of frozen whole kernel corn.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of evaporated milk.
- It’s 1 of Shredded cheddar cheese (optional).
Gradually add broth and water, stirring until the mixture comes to a boil. Add the onion, carrots, celery, zucchini, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and thyme. With recipes like this creamy Italian sausage and potato soup, we will stay warm and well fed. A meal like this is rustic, simply made but dynamic in flavor and oh-so-satisfying.
Thick and Chunky Sausage Soup instructions
- In 4-quart Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat about 5 minutes or until brown. Drain off fat. Stir in cooked potatoes, the water, basil, and pepper..
- Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender..
- Stir in cream-style corn, whole kernel corn, and evaporated milk. Cook until heated through, stirring often. If desired, sprinkle each serving with cheese..
All we need now is a chunk of some warm crusty bread to help us scoop every last bit of this delicious soup from our bowls. Get a hearty taste of the Big Easy with Campbell's Chunky Grilled Chicken & Sausage Gumbo Soup. Each and every spoonful of this ready to eat soup is bursting with flavor thanks to hearty pieces of grilled chicken meat, Andouille sausage, okra, peppers and tasty spices. Enjoy this canned soup on its own or try it poured over rice. See great recipes for Thick and Spicy sausage, bean and cheese tortellini soup too!