How to Cook Delicious Karen's Kimchi Tofu Soup
Karen's Kimchi Tofu Soup. Heat oil in a large saucepan over high. This Korean kimchi soft tofu soup has a fiery broth that infuses custardy tofu with deep flavors and spices. Traditionally served at the table boiling hot in its cooking vessel with an egg cracked in the middle, this healthy dish full of vegetables and protein warms the belly and satiates the palate.
Wash and rinse bones in pot. Add kimchi and water and mix it well. Enjoy this easy, spicy and tender Korean kimchi tofu soup. You can have Karen's Kimchi Tofu Soup using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Karen's Kimchi Tofu Soup
- It’s 2 lb of Pork bone.
- It’s 3 cup of Coarsely chopped kimchi.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Korean chili paste.
- You need 2 box of Silken tofu.
- Prepare 3 of Eggs.
- You need 1 of as needed Salt.
Kimchi Jjigae (김치찌개) also known as Kimchi stew or Kimchi soup is probably the most common way of consuming some aged Kimchi. It is a such a staple food in Korean households that typically Koreans would eat it at least once or twice a week if Directions. Combine the kimchi, hot pepper paste, kimchi juice, pork, and sugar in a heavy bottomed pot. Add tofu and lower the heat to medium low.
Karen's Kimchi Tofu Soup instructions
- Boil half a pot of water, add pork bone. Boil for 10 mins..
- Pour out gross green/gray stock. Wash and rinse bones in pot. Fill pot up with water again, put on medium-low heat to boil..
- Add a dash of salt..
- Boil for 1-2 hours, depending on how much time you have..
- Add coarsely chopped kimchi to pot. Boil for 30 mins..
- Add chili paste and vegetable seasoning. Spoon in silken tofu in large chunks..
- Crack in eggs, stir to break up eggs and mix well! Don't want large chunks of eggs in your soup..
- Add salt to taste. If too salty, dilute with water..
A simple easy recipe for Kimchi Soup with Shiitake Mushrooms, Silken Tofu and Kale that is vegan and gluten-free adaptable. This very untraditional version of the Korean classic is meatless, yet spicy and flavorful! In a large stockpot or wok, cook the kimchi over medium heat until tender. This kimchi soondubu jjigae is very popular. For the best results, always use fully fermented kimchi to cook with.